Due to some requests for some handy new features, I’m releasing an update to the fantasy baseball cheatsheet. This cheatsheet is a powerful Excel file made specifically for rotisserie drafts that pulls in data from projection systems, expert rankings and ADP systems (other versions are yet to come for point-based leagues or auction drafts). The spreadsheet also has the neat feature of showing you the expected roto points gained (WERTH value) in each category based on your individual league settings and the projections chosen.
For more information on the basics of the cheatsheet, check out the initial release post. When opening up the spreadsheet, you may be asked to enable macros. Please enable macros as that is the only way this spreadsheet can work!
This week has some awesome updates that I’m really excited about. In the comments last week, Smitty suggested adding a couple of features. So, the cheatsheet now includes a couple of extra roto categories (walks, hits, holds, holds + saves), the ability to set outfield positions for your league (LF, CF, RF) and a new maximum of 24 teams. In addition to those features, any ADP or projection data has been updated where updates were available. A bunch of small bugs were addressed that might have affected certain league settings. And, finally, I’m excited to say that I found a way to make the cheatsheet populate much quicker when adjusting your league settings (it should be almost instantaneous now instead of waiting 10-15 seconds after clicking “create my cheatsheet” and it’s more responsive when changing those settings each time).
Data included for this release:
- CAIRO projections
- RotoChamp projections
- Fangraphs Fan projections
- MockDraftCentral ADP data
- ESPN rankings
- RotoChamp rankings
- Roto Summit rankings
- Combined rankings (average of available rankings)
New features for 2012 version compared to 2011:
- Team Summary tab added (as explained above)
- Live Standings now only based on team’s starters as opposed to all drafted players
- Draft Central tab is redesigned to be easier to read and follow
- Customize button added to have more control over what is shown and not shown
- Ability to sort by position now added so you can more easily target a specific position when needed
New features in v3.1 compared to v3.0:
- Two new roto categories for batters (walks, hits) and two for pitchers (holds, holds+saves)
- Ability to use specific outfield positions (LF, CF, RF)
- Maximum teams increased from 16 to 24
- Updated Fangraphs projections, ESPN and RotoChamp rankings and MockDraftCentral ADP data
- Cheatsheet creation when choosing Settings is a million times faster
Next up will be an auction-based version of the cheatsheet as well as the non-roto version for those in point-based leagues. Stay tuned for that. For those using Macs, I’m still trying to figure out how this might work for you lovely people. Either way, make sure to play around with the cheatsheet to test it out so that I can make any other changes you might come up with before draft season comes around!