Another round of fantasy baseball cheatsheet updates is here today! The three available 2012 cheatsheets are powerful Excel files made for your roto draft, roto auction or point-based league drafts. They each pull in data from projection systems, expert rankings and ADP sites and let you choose what you want to display so you can make the cheetsheet unique to you. For roto leagues, the spreadsheet also has the neat feature of showing you the expected roto points gained (WERTH value) in each stat based on your individual league settings and the projections you select.
The following blog posts about the initial release of the cheatsheet have much more of the basic information about what to expect out of these: Point Leagues, Roto Draft, Roto Auction. When opening up the spreadsheet, you may be asked to enable macros… Please enable macros as that is the only way this spreadsheet can work!
The latest updates to the cheatsheets contain eight new roto categories for the roto sheets and include new ADP data (from Yahoo), expert rankings and projections (ZiPS). For hitters, the new roto categories are Total Bases, Total Bases + Walks, Doubles, and Triples. For pitchers, the new roto categories are Innings Pitched, Strikeouts – Walks, Hits Allowed, and Walks Allowed. Aside from those big updates, the most important change here is getting the ZiPS projections and Yahoo ADP added into the sheets. At this point, we’re just waiting on the Marcel and Steamer projections before I can add in the Combined projections for the final release.
In addition to those features, any ADP or projection data that was previously in the cheatsheets has been updated with whatever updates were available.
Download the 2012 Roto Draft Cheatsheet or
Download the 2012 Roto Auction Cheatsheet or
Download the 2012 H2H Points League Cheatsheet
Data included for this release:
- CAIRO projections
- RotoChamp projections
- Fangraphs Fan projections
- ZiPS projections
- MockDraftCentral ADP data
- Yahoo! ADP data
- ESPN staff rankings
- ESPN (T. Cockcroft) rankings
- RotoChamp rankings
- Roto Summit rankings
- Yahoo! rankings
- Clubhouse GM rankings
- Combined rankings (average of available rankings)
New features for 2012 version compared to 2011:
- Team Summary tab added (as explained above)
- Live Standings now only based on team’s starters as opposed to all drafted players
- Draft Central tab is redesigned to be easier to read and follow
- Customize button added to have more control over what is shown and not shown
- Ability to sort by position now added so you can more easily target a specific position when needed
New features in this version compared to last:
- Four new roto categories for batters and four for pitchers
- Added ZiPS projections to the available projections to choose from
- Added Yahoo! ADP data and rankings
- Updated Fangraphs Fan projections and MockDraftCentral ADP data
- Updated any expert rankings that have changed
- Added 3 new expert rankings and updated combined rankings
- Added a few extra players to the default draft pool
So, that’s the latest update to the sheets. There will be additional updates in the near future as additional projections become available. Any major updates to the cheatsheets may be tougher to do at this point but let me know if there any features that might be worth adding. I still haven’t addressed problems for Mac users or those with Excel 2003 or earlier. I’m going to look into the possibility of doing AL and NL only versions of the cheatsheet as well, if the demand is large enough.
Also, be sure to check out my Twitter feed to know when any minor updates are made to the cheatsheets.
Luke is better known as Mr. Cheatsheet despite his last name not being Cheatsheet. He makes spreadsheets, writes blog posts and his rankings were in the top 10 accuracy among FantasyPros experts in 2014, 2016 and 2017. When he's not doing fantasy baseball things, he can be found playing board games or rating beer.