We’ve come into the homestretch of draft season. There are major injuries popping up and Spring Training is pretty far along and we have pretty much all the data we’re going to need at this point for our drafts. So, it’s time for one last major update to the cheatsheets for this year. Let’s get all that data in there for you to drool over so you can kick some major butt on draft day.
Before touching upon all of the updates, for those who are finding these cheatsheets for the first time, here is some background for you:
The cheatsheets are interactive spreadsheets that are can be tuned to your personal league settings and preferences. You will be able to use these sheets to see how valuable each player is specifically for your league. The spreadsheets also update throughout the draft so you can easily know when you need to adapt your draft strategy based on how a draft is going. For the data nerds, you get a ton of available projections and draft data right at your fingertips in one easy place.
As for the changes in this version of the cheatsheets, these are mainly data-driven updates. The projections have all been updated where updates were available. The rankings have been updated to reflect the latest info. The ADP and Aucton Value data has all been updated as well. In some projections, there weren’t updates to reflect major injuries such as Yu Darvish being out for the season so pay special attention to the Player Notes column as I updated that with as much injury information as I could.
With all of that being said, go ahead and download your cheatsheets and start customizing and having fun! There are three types of cheatsheets. For rotisserie league owners (whether it’s H2H or traditional), you can use the standard draft or the auction draft cheatsheet depending on your draft type. If you’re not in a roto league, there’s also a cheatsheet for point scoring leagues too.
To better understand all of the features of these special little cheatsheets, skim through this post here that explains each area of the spreadsheets.
Please note that these sheets are designed for Microsoft Excel and utilize macros which will make them unable to be used on Mac versions of Excel (it sucks, I know).
Some of the basic features of these cheatsheets include:
- Choose from countless roto categories options and have the cheatsheets calculate estimated roto WERTH values for your draft pool
- Or, choose from a variety of scoring options for points leagues to generate your projected values
- Choose from a large number of projection sources (like Steamer, ZiPS and more) or import your own or come up with a weighted custom projection system of your own
- Choose from a variety of ADP or Auction Value sources (like from your league sites at ESPN or CBS or Yahoo) so you know what to expect out of your leaguemates on draft day (or input your own!)
- Look at tiered positions for your league and see who is still available
- Compare players and see how each player could increase your team’s projected place in the standings
- See live league standings throughout the draft to know your areas of weakness or strength
- See draft odds to know how likely it is a player may be available if you decide to wait on them
- And, really, a ton of other little minor bells and whistles that you’re welcome to play around with!
Once downloading the sheets, you’ll be prompted with two messages to enable content and then you’ll be able to use them fully after that. Once again, if you are a bit confused upon opening the cheatsheets, refer to the how-to post here.
If you had used the previous version of the sheets and entered keepers or data in, feel free to click Save Settings there then come over to the new version and click Load Settings to bring in that old data.
I plan for this to be the last major update to the cheatsheets for this draft season. If there are bugs or weird behavior you find within the cheatsheet, I’ll get those resolved. But, beyond that, this should be what you’re using for your drafts this year so enjoy it! If you want to find out about any minor updates that are released for the cheatsheet from this point forward, follow me on Twitter where I’ll post them there.
Updates since this was first published:
v1.31 on 3/18: Fixed the Save/Load Settings so that it would save drafted players (that were being hidden) and your player notes. Also, fixed some weirdness with importing projections and some weirdness with the BAA stat in Roto Auction sheets.