2017 Fantasy Baseball Cheatsheets (Roto or Points Leagues)

If you’re a fan of this site, you may have noticed that my fantasy baseball cheatsheets are coming out a bit later than usual this year. It’s for good reason. I completely overhauled the cheatsheets to make them functional on Macs (for Excel 2011 and later, that is) in addition to Windows computers. That wasn’t possible in the past. While doing these overhauls, I ended up reworking some of the functionality of the cheatsheets themselves and introduced new features as well.

Let’s take a dive into what these 2017 version of my cheatsheets offer you.

What Makes These Cheatsheets Special?

They’re free and they’re awesome! More specifically, these spreadsheets are designed to accommodate almost any variation of fantasy baseball leagues that you can think up. Roto-league owners can choose from a long list of potential stat categories and point-league owners can input their scoring system right in the sheet. Once you get everything set up, the cheatsheet allows you to choose which projections you want to use and then generates custom rankings and values that are unique to your specific league. There are a lot of things that can affect player value, including number of teams and roster size, and all of that is taken into account in these valuations in the sheet.

In addition to giving you unique league values, you can track your draft as it occurs to see your strengths and weaknesses and to see your league rosters and best available players.

And, if you like options, you get tons of ’em within these spreadsheets. You can choose from a variety of rankings, projection options and ADP or auction value options as well. Your cheatsheets will be catered to whatever options you do choose.

What’s Changed From Past Years?

A lot. The main things to note for draft leagues are:

• The cheatsheet tracks draft order now. As you enter picks, it automatically will fill in who thinks has the next pick based on your settings. This allows for there to be a draft history in a tab now. This also means you can trade draft picks within there.
  • Since the cheatsheet tracks draft picks and order, you can also now enter keepers in separately so they don’t affect draft order.
  • During the draft, instead of scrolling around, you can enter all picks at the top of the page now by choosing the teams and players drafted and clicking Make Pick. Or, you can enter picks into the Draft Log directly if you wanted. You’ve got a few options.

For auction leagues, the main difference being that you can enter your auction picks from the top of the page. You’ll also have an auction history in a tab too that you can edit, if needed. For auction leagues, I’ve also spent some time working with the formulas surrounding player values so they should be improved from previous years.

What Data Am I Pulling In?

There’s a ton of data in here and most of it isn’t mine. So I owe a big thanks to all of these sources. But, here’s what is in there:

• Projections Sources: Steamer, ZiPS, Fangraphs, CAIRO, Clay Davenport
  • Average Draft Position Sources: FantasyPros, CBS, Yahoo, NFBC
  • Auction Values Sources: FantasyPros, CBS, Yahoo, RotoChamp
  • Expert Rankings Sources: FantasyPros, Fake Teams, Yahoo, CBS, ESPN

WERTH Values (Roto Leagues)

If you’re playing in a roto league, you may notice that these cheatsheets have a WERTH value for each player. These are essentially z-scores in each roto category based on your league setting. The cheatsheets calculate who the projected league starters would be and then use that to calculate league averages and standard deviations in each category. Using that data, it then says how far above average each person is in that category (z-score) so a positive WERTH value means that player will contribute positively for your team. This is all dependent on your league settings which makes these values completely unique to your league.

Download Your 2017 Cheatsheet

Without further ado, pick your flavor of cheatsheet from the options below. Go out there and kick some butt in your fantasy leagues!

Download the cheatsheet for your rotisserie standard draft leagues
(Current Version: 2.58, uploaded on March 28 at 4:45 PM EST)

Download the cheatsheet for your rotisserie auction draft leagues
(Current Version: 2.58, uploaded on March 28 at 4:45 PM EST)

Download the cheatsheet for your points-based league drafts
(Current Version: 2.55, uploaded on March 28 at 4:45 PM EST)

Troubleshooting

I’ve tried testing these as much as I can and sent them out to others to test too but there’s tons of different scenarios to account for and tons of different types of computers that we all have so I can’t guarantee that everything will work perfectly (but I hope so!). So, if you have issues with the cheatsheet, post them as comments here so I can try to address them. If you have suggestions for ideas or features, let me know too. I’ll post new versions of the sheet up until Opening Day with bug fixes, data updates or new features so keep checking back.

Donations

Okay. Truthfully, I debate every year about whether I can dedicate the time to making these cheatsheets. I’m just one man doing this all by myself and it’s a lot of work. In fact, I tend to always forget how much effort and time these take to make until I’m knee-deep in them. I do them for free every year though because I’m happy that people seem to appreciate the work. That being said, it would make it a lot easier for me to keep doing this if I got a few bucks here and there as a thanks. If you’re cool with that, the donate button is below:

I want to keep these free and I want to keep doing these each year so I’d appreciate it but, if you can’t spare it, don’t worry! Enjoy the free awesomeness regardless.

You Might Also Like

185 Comments

Steve
    March 4, 2017 at 9:38 pm

Wonderful! Thank you! I’ll try to spare a few bucks for you on pay day!

March 4, 2017 at 10:16 pm

Thanks, man! Good luck in your drafts in the meantime.

Steve Nawara
        March 4, 2017 at 10:28 pm

FYI – I think there’s a small bug in the Points sheet. When I enter the team names, the first pick in the draft (on the Draft Log tab) does not get assigned to the team with the first pick (it says Team 1, but the rest of the picks are assigned). If I select the team from the drop down menu on the Draft Log, it gets screwed up.

March 4, 2017 at 10:42 pm

Ahh! Good catch. I see what happened. I uploaded a new version, if you wanted to redownload it.

Neal
    March 4, 2017 at 10:08 pm

Thanks for this! A few questions:

1. When do you expect your special blend projections?

2. How do your 5×5 roto Z-scores compare to ESPN’s player rater?

3. Is there a way to get a full list of players sorted by WERTH score customized to our league’s settings? i.e. on the player page you can only see 2 at a time, what if i want to see all players and sort by WERTH?

March 4, 2017 at 10:15 pm

1. Should be sometime this week!
      2. Actually, no idea. I’m not sure what they use for that. Never seen a description of what their rater is.
      3. On the Draft page, you should be able to click “Sort by WERTH” at the top right in the header box. By default, it is set to “Sort by ADP” but you can change that from the drop-down in that header box.

Neal
    March 4, 2017 at 10:15 pm

Edit for #2: How do your WERTH scores compare to ESPN’s player rater?Nea

Eric L.
    March 4, 2017 at 10:20 pm

My league is a Keeper League where after the 2nd year of keeping someone, we can either keep them on an “option year” contract where their value stays the same or we can “sign” them to a long-term contract where their value goes up based on length. If, a player on the long term contract is cut before their contract is up (signed through 2020 but released before Keepers Deadline in 2017), the team suffers a $1 penalty per year contract was not met. (this case $4 penalty) so instead of a Budget of $260, my team must work with a Budget of $256. Is there currently any way to account for a situation like this the Cheatsheets? If not (I couldn’t find a way with a quick look) any suggestions as a work around?

March 4, 2017 at 10:27 pm

Hmm, yeah, I could see why it would be necessary to set individual team budgets sometimes. It’s not in there now but I could definitely do that. I’ll play around with it and let you know. I’m thinking have an option for “custom team budgets” on the Settings page to type in a team budget next to a team name. When’s your draft this year?

Eric L.
        March 4, 2017 at 10:43 pm

That would be awesome if you decide to add it. I usually just follow my money left, but it would make it easier to see what everyone else’s max bid would be. My league actually drafts on March 18 so I have a couple weeks. Sadly I didn’t find your site until a few days after my league drafted last year but enjoyed filling it out after the fact. Now with the bad news, while waiting on reply, I happened to notice on the Rosters tab after I entered my Keepers (they are due tonight at midnight) that at the top, it shows $151 spent on 12 player(s), $260 left for 11 player(s) when the budget is set for $260. To test, I went ahead and had Kershaw drafted by Team 1 for $50. It now shows $210 left for 22 player(s) for team one ane $210 left for 23 player(s) for all other teams except for mine as it now shows $210 for 11 player(s)

Eric L.
        March 4, 2017 at 10:48 pm

Probably should mention it’s an Auction Draft Keeper League. 🙂

Andy D
        March 6, 2017 at 3:28 pm

Luke,

Great job on the sheets again! You always find a way to amaze. I agree with Eric, my auction league has different auction budgets for different teams as well. This would be a nice add-on.

Thanks again!

Neal
    March 4, 2017 at 10:46 pm

Have you heard of the ATC projection system? Might make for an even stronger projection blend!

Seth
    March 4, 2017 at 10:52 pm

Absolutely amazing Luke!! Your instructions tab has been really handy and clear for some questions I already had (such as how to change a player’s position and questions on keepers) ! I really love the way you implemented the keeper/draft functionality.

Questions about this version/next version possibilities:
    -In the past, the positions tab was color coded by column (conditional formatting). Any reason why you eliminated this feature?
    -Has the positions tab always used total WERTH or did it used to use position adjusted WERTH?
    -In the settings for Batters, is there an easy way to add XBH since it appears as though you already have the options for 2B + 3B and HR?
    -For Pitchers, you have both SO and K. Did you intend to have both? Either way, it appears as though pitchers WERTH ratings are dramatically skewed when SO is used.
    – Would you be able to add BB’s to the list of league options for pitchers?

Seth
    March 5, 2017 at 10:05 am

More things I noticed (roto-cheatsheet) as I play around with version 1.0.
    1) Trea Turner is listed at SS on the sheet, and while it’s easy enough to change it to 2B or OF, I’m not sure on what site he’s eligible at that position.
    2) When K’s are included for hitters, the WERTH rating goes in the wrong direction! Chris Davis’s value increases and Adrian Beltre’s decreases
    3) Something seems odd about cell D3 on the Draft Log tab. Even after changing team names, it remains “Team 1”, and any modification just appends the team name to the list. The other cells in column appear to be working normally.

March 5, 2017 at 11:12 am

Good catch about the WERTH being flipped for K’s (and a few other categories that you want lower values). I had to fix that ASAP so I put up a new version this morning, if you download again. It should say version 1.05 now. Also changed Turner’s position, because that was something from when I was testing out position changes. And, the Team 1 may be fixed now but check that too, if you can. I gotta run so won’t be around most of today but hopefully 1.05 fixed some things!

Seth
        March 5, 2017 at 11:43 am

The newer version seems to fix the WERTH bug. Sweet! Also, thanks for adding Walks to the pitcher category (and clarifying that SOs was shutouts!) and color coding the positions tab.

Team 1 error is still not fixed. It still says “Team 1” when you go to the Draft Log tab, but when you change it from Team 1 to the person who actually has the first overall pick it duplicates their name (i.e. JohnJohn). This then causes the pick not to show up on the projected standings.

Can’t wait for Mr. Cheatsheet’s Special Blend!

And the smallest of fixes while I’m adding a comment…Trevor Story is 24, not 34. 😉

Alex
    March 5, 2017 at 10:58 am

On your sheet, you have Hanley Ramirez listed as a DH. Is there a way to change him to 1B?

March 5, 2017 at 11:13 am

Choose 1B from the Change Position column to the left of his name on the sheet and it’ll change it.

Chuck
    March 5, 2017 at 3:53 pm

Hey Luke,

Great to see this season’s version up. Just wondering on the Roto Auction sheet, when a new version is released and I download it, will I have to fill in the settings again, or do they carry over?

Chuck
    March 5, 2017 at 4:18 pm

OK, never mind my last post. I didn’t read the instructions all the way through.

Another question: We can keep between 7 and 15 on the active roster going into the draft. We’re also able to keep up to 5 prospects on the bench (we have 12 man benches) going into the draft. So when I enter the keepers for the teams before the draft, most teams will have at least 1 prospect that should be in one of the bench slots. If I add a prospect and he gets put in the active roster, will I be able to move him to the bench? And what about the prospects that aren’t listed? How do I get them added?

Rob
    March 5, 2017 at 5:09 pm

Thank you for these great updates. Will you be releasing an Auction Points version too?

Hospitaller
    March 5, 2017 at 6:05 pm

It’s like Christmas! The cheatsheets are here, the cheatsheets are here–I’m somebody now!

These are awesome; thanks, Luke!

One request: is it possible to add “Game Appearances” to the pitching categories? That’s the one category my league added this year that I can’t make an option in the cheatsheet.

Thanks again!

March 5, 2017 at 6:59 pm

This is for roto, I’m assuming? Team with most Game Appearances wins the category?

Hospitaller
        March 5, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Yessir; a roto auction league. We’ve had IP for a few years but added G this year to try to counterbalance the bias toward SP’s over RP’s.

Jake
    March 5, 2017 at 9:33 pm

Maybe I’m missing it but I don’t see a UTIL spot on the positions list?

March 5, 2017 at 9:51 pm

UTIL is the same as DH. Some sites call it DH, some call it UTIL. I called it DH in the sheet.

Jake
        March 5, 2017 at 10:28 pm

OK I kind of thought that. Is there anyway I can change the limit to 6 instead of 5? My league has weird rosters.

BudLight.ISO
    March 5, 2017 at 10:54 pm

I hope I didn’t overlook this in the thread but….
    Whenever I enter for example Chapman onto someones team as a “keeper”, his ERA goes to 4.03 in the projections.
    I could very well be going something wrong.
    But if not, I wanted to bring it to your attention. Your site is amazing btw. I may fund you instead of my 17 month year old.
    Either or thanks and let me know!

March 5, 2017 at 11:32 pm

Hahaha! Appreciate the sentiment there.

As far as the Chapman issue, great catch. There was something off in that projection standings calculation for ERA. I fixed it (and a couple other bugs), if you download the sheet again now.

Walt
    March 6, 2017 at 11:58 am

Hey Luke, great sheet. One comment is that on the “Rosters” page in the Roto Auction Cheatsheet, the “$260 left for ## player(s)” doesn’t update to reflect what was spent. It does tell you what was spent on how many players, just not how much money you have remaining and how many players you still need to draft.

Walt
      March 6, 2017 at 12:00 pm

To put it more simply, it just says that you have $260 left constantly.

Randy Munro
    March 6, 2017 at 12:21 pm

The day the cheat-sheets come out is like the first time you have great sex! Today is a great day! Seriously you up the ante every year. Gosh, do they look good, my friend!

Sean
    March 6, 2017 at 12:30 pm

Great stuff, Luke. THANK YOU!
    A few comments/questions about the Roto draft cheatsheet (1.05):
    – Something is wrong with Jose Abreu’s ADP… shows 334 for Yahoo and undrafted for a couple others. It’s correct on the players tab, but not working on the Positions or Roto Draft tabs.
    – Would you consider adding a “Sort by Pos Adj WERTH” option on the Roto Draft page?
    – Looks like there’s a glitch when using blended projections with OBP instead of AVG. The blended OBPs are coming up .500+ for the top guys. The OBPs from each individual system (when chosen from the drop-down) seem reasonable, but even if I choose 100% Steamer in the blend, for example, the numbers get goofy.
    – Is there any way to override 1 stat for 1 individual player without having to import an entire set of projections for the league? This would be incredibly handy for making small tweaks to existing projections.

Thanks!

March 6, 2017 at 4:17 pm

Hey, Sean! Try downloading again (v1.10 now). I think the Abreu and OBP issue should be fixed in there.

As for adding sort options, yeah, I can do that. Good idea. I also like the idea of tweaking delivered projections. I’ll see if I can come up with anything to accommodate that.

Sean
        March 6, 2017 at 4:59 pm

Thanks Luke. ADP is fixed, but I’m still seeing unusually high OBPs when I use the “Your Own Custom Combination” Projections, no matter what combination I choose.

Sean
          March 8, 2017 at 4:02 pm

I looked into it a little more, and the blended OBP issue seems to be related to walks. Not sure if you’re trying to normalize behind the scenes for different projected PAs among systems (or something like that), but there is a high correlation between how far off the blended OBPs are with how many walks a player has. The same is not true for hits. FWIW, the other blended stats (counting stats and AVG) look ok at a glance.

• Luke Gloeckner
            March 8, 2017 at 4:04 pm

Ah, yeah, sorry. I’m aware of what the issue is (I fixed it in the Auction one already, I believe). Just been working on a bunch of stuff and hadn’t gotten to fixing it and uploading it yet.

Matt
        March 7, 2017 at 4:58 pm

Is there a way to tweak the auction value on an individual basis? I always want to build my own spreadsheet but I don’t know how to do 1/10 of the stuff you have in this one. Great work!

Rob
    March 6, 2017 at 1:47 pm

I’m getting some pretty crazy results (Kershaw has a Projected $ Value of $200, $558 with Draft Inflation), any idea what might be causing that? Also, should we clear the values that have been pasted into the “Import (Values)” tab?

March 6, 2017 at 2:02 pm

Can you send me a copy of the sheet with your values put in? My e-mail address is luke at mrcheatsheet.com.

The Import (Values) tab is only used if you choose “Imported Values” on the Settings page for Site Auction Values.

Michael
    March 6, 2017 at 2:19 pm

In our league, we have 11 categories, and we have 11 teams. The usual 5 pitching categories + 6 hitting categories. In addition to AVG, HR, R, RBI, and SB, our 6th category is 2b+3b, and in our league 3b gets 2x pts. I just used FULL point as the setting in the spreadsheet.

Question/issue: the Projected Standings tab: the total maximum points (Column M) is only 110 (vs. 121), and the 2B+3B column is blank for all teams. Is this a bug, or a limitation of the spreadsheet?

Thanks!

March 6, 2017 at 4:33 pm

Ahh, good catch. There was a bug there. I got it fixed if you download again (should say version 1.11 on the Credits page now).

MICHAEL
        March 7, 2017 at 11:20 am

Outstanding! Thank you so much!

Nate
    March 6, 2017 at 2:24 pm

Thanks Luke! Great resource. 1 glitch, and 1 question:

Glitch – In the Points Draft Sheet, under the League Type settings, the pull down menu only offers “Only Show: OF” (or DH, SP or RP), but not (what I assume would be), Mixed, AL, or NL.

Question – In the Auction League. When I look at the “Positions” page, and add up all the POSITIVE dollar values, for my 12 team draft, the total comes to $3,168, which divided by 12 comes to $264 per team, so that’s about right. But, when I add up the number of players that includes, it’s 161 players (including $0 value players … just not negative value players), which divided by 12 comes to approx. 13.5 players per team. My settings show a 21 player roster, so I would think there’d be approx. 252 players w/POSITIVE ($1 or higher) dollar values. Am I missing something in my settings that’s driving that?

Thanks for all your work. Hope we’re not creating TOO much more for you!

March 6, 2017 at 4:24 pm

I’ll take a look into your dollars question and get back to you in a bit but just wanted to let you know that I fixed the glitch in the points sheet drop-down. Good catch!

March 6, 2017 at 4:51 pm

I see what’s going on with the auction values. I’m glad you pointed this out. I gotta run out for a little while but I’ll hopefully get it updated later tonight and let you know.

Nate
        March 7, 2017 at 11:36 am

All set! Thanks!

March 7, 2017 at 12:08 pm

Cool. Was just about to tell you that I uploaded a new version last night that should fix it!

Theran
    March 6, 2017 at 4:59 pm

What is the projected $ value? For instance Charlie Blackmon has a projected $ value of $20 and a Chosen Site $ Value of $64. Why such a big difference in some players? Also shouldn’t the inflation price be the same until after the draft starts, how can there be inflation before a player is drafted?

March 7, 2017 at 12:09 pm

Try downloading again (should be v1.15 now). There was an issue with the dollar calculation.

And, “Projected $ Value” is a calculated value based off the projections and settings you’re using in the sheet. While “Site $ Value” is just adjusting a website’s value to your league budget.

PB
    March 6, 2017 at 5:27 pm

Thank you again this year and once again I’m happy to donate! This is the best draft day tool I’ve ever found. Just hoping the rest of my league continues to not know about it 😉

Colin H
    March 6, 2017 at 8:04 pm

Hi, thanks so much for this! Question! For the Roto Auction sheet, is there going to be a way to add keepers to this? I also noticed that the Roto Snake sheet has no ability to add in the number of “bench” spots.

Thanks so much!

March 7, 2017 at 1:58 am

Didn’t add a Keeper page for Auction because you can just put them into the main page. The reason I had to do it with the Draft version is because I needed a way to add keepers without affecting the automatically-generated draft order.

As far as not having Bench spots in the draft sheets, it’s because the bench spots wouldn’t really be used in any calculations in the sheet. Bench spots are used as part of the auction value calculation though because budgets are partly based on how many bench spots you’re filling in as well.

Brett Ingalls
    March 6, 2017 at 8:22 pm

Hey Luke – love the spreadsheets! I’m trying to keep them hidden from the rest of my league. 🙂 Quick question on the WERTH values for roto sheets. I know it’s based off my league settings, but something seems up with catchers. We start 8 pitchers (2 SP, 2RP and 4 P) and 9 hitters (1B,2B,3B,SS,C,Util,3 OF) in a 10 team league. We add OPS as a 6th category for hitting and add K/9 as a 6th category for pitching. We also switch out Saves for Quality Starts instead. No matter whose projections I use, all catchers under this setup pull a negative WERTH. The best is actually Gary Sanchez at -1.5 and Posey is second at -2.3. I’ve used your sheets the last couple of years and I’ve never seen an entire position have a negative WERTH. Now that I look at it, there are very few positive WERTH’s at any position. Is there a particular setting I am using that is hurting their WERTH values so strongly or should I just roll with it as is? Thanks for your time and help.
    P.S. I second the request from earlier to be able to sort the “Your Roto Draft” page by Position Adjusted WERTH. That would be tremendously helpful. Thanks!

Scott K McGovern
      March 6, 2017 at 9:11 pm

Brett-

I saw the same thing with a negative WERTH after the top 120 players. 121 was Jose Bautista in my format, so that struck me as odd.

Luke –

Is that intentional?

March 7, 2017 at 1:59 am

No idea what your league settings are but the unadjusted WERTH would typically have about 100-150 players with a positive value (being above the value of the average starting player in your league). Position-Adjusted WERTH would have many more players with a positive value because it adds the value of a replacement-level player at that player’s position.

Scott McGovern
          March 7, 2017 at 2:22 am

Gotcha, thank you!

March 7, 2017 at 1:56 am

Are you looking at the Position page to gather those values? Last year, that page showed Position-Adjusted WERTH values… This year, it is currently showing unadjusted WERTH values (I’ll switch that back in an update soon).

I’m assuming that’s the case because I compared your league settings from last year’s sheet to this year’s sheet. I saw 74 players with a positive unadjusted WERTH in last year’s sheet (44 hitters) and 141 with a positive value in this year’s (47 hitters though). It could be that you’re just looking at that one page and being used to seeing the adjusted values there.

Kevin
    March 6, 2017 at 11:34 pm

Thanks a lot for doing these. I do my own sheets some years but with a kid now there is just no time in the day. Have some IPA’s on me.

March 7, 2017 at 12:06 pm

Dude, thanks so much! I appreciate that. And, good luck in the drafts (and with the kid, haha)!

Nick
    March 7, 2017 at 11:01 am

I love these sheets and have been using them the past few years! Thanks for all the hard work and I’ll be sending you a donation your way! Keep up the great work!

March 7, 2017 at 12:07 pm

That’s great. And thanks for being willing to send a donation my way.

Hope you kick some ass in your drafts this year!

Eric L.
    March 7, 2017 at 5:03 pm

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to see the $ value of players already drafted? I.E. I’d like to compare what was actually spent to the projected value/site value. If I remember correctly, projected value changes based on players being drafted and by what was actually spent on them.

Also, I have a small formatting problem in the Auction Roto Cheatsheets. In the Your Roto Auctions tab, Cells J9/10 and L9/10, you cannot read the first word as it is “above” the actual cells. Also, Cell I9/10 in same tab as well as Cells F1 and G1 in the Teams tab have the first words split. I.E. on teams tab cells F1 and G1 are Money and Money Left, however, the cells cut money into two, so F1 shows Mone on first line and y on second line while G1 shows Mone on first and Y left on second line. I know it’s minor, but it keeps catching my attention. 🙂

March 8, 2017 at 2:40 pm

Just to make sure I understand, you’d want something displayed on the main page like: “25 players drafted for $500 thus far. Their original projected draft value was $750”?

Good to know about the formatting issue too. It’s hard to account for all screen resolutions. I’ll try widening those columns in my next updates.

Eric L.
        March 8, 2017 at 7:16 pm

not exactly. Using Kershaw as an example. His projected value is 42 inflation value is 35 and so on and so on. If he actually gets drafted, unlike the rest of the row he is in getting greyed out, those values disappear. Since I’m currently entering keepers and the value of their current contracts, I wanted to see which keepers were bargins/over-priced. And same for when the draft is over. So it’s more for individual players and not the team as a whole, although that could be fun too.

March 8, 2017 at 8:22 pm

Oooh, gotcha. Yeah, I can put that tweak into the next update I do.

Rob
    March 8, 2017 at 3:21 am

Getting a weird result when I set it for 3 OF and 3 DH; Mookie Betts just disappears.

March 8, 2017 at 2:32 pm

I haven’t been able to recreate that error… If you don’t mind, could you e-mail me your sheet to luke at mrcheatsheet.com so I can see if there’s some other setting in your sheet that may be causing that.

Allen
        March 9, 2017 at 12:28 pm

I get it as well with only changing a newly downloaded sheet to 4 OFs instead of 5. Betts disappears with 4, and comes back with 5.

March 9, 2017 at 12:50 pm

Try downloading the fix I did last night. Should be fixed now.

• Allen
            March 9, 2017 at 1:10 pm

Yup, I had just gotten .16 earlier to see if it was still doing it, but .17 is there now and it did not happen there. Thanks, and nice job.

Rick
    March 8, 2017 at 2:16 pm

I have a league with keepers that are rd dependent. Is there a way to put them into a slot other than the front of draft? I tried to assign a rd & it wanted a password. I then attempted to just slot them in to the draft order, but of course the keepers already in are making things a little questionable. What is best way to do this? Can players that are being assigned in the draft be switched to Alpha instead of rank?

Thanks so much for your help, & these sheets provide so much!!!

March 8, 2017 at 2:28 pm

In the league I have that have keepers taking away certain draft choices, I just enter all of those keepers directly into the Draft Log into the draft spot that they are replacing. So, if I give up a 10th round pick for Dee Gordon then I’d find my 10th round pick and enter him into that pick for me on there. The draft logic would know to skip that spot when the time comes. Is that not working for you? I could try to see what else I could come up with if that’s not working.

I can look into giving you the option for how the order is displayed on the Draft drop-down, though I’ve found that using the Player Search button itself is often the quickest as that puts players directly in there as well.

Rick
    March 8, 2017 at 3:02 pm

I think issue I had was having put keepers in & then placing in Rd. Will delete keepers then try again. I overlooked the search. Thanks for the quick reply.

John Hessell
    March 8, 2017 at 3:28 pm

Hey Luke,
    Do you update the draft sheets/values as spring training/draft day dwindles down?

Also, Do you by any chance have the final cheatsheet from last year? I would like to compare with how the draft actually went so I can make trend notes.

Thanks!!

Connor Stehr
    March 8, 2017 at 4:24 pm

Hey Luke,

I am unable to edit the worksheet as it says it is protected. What is the password to unprotect the sheet?

Thanks!

Connor Stehr

March 8, 2017 at 4:27 pm

What are you trying to edit?

Rick
        March 8, 2017 at 5:20 pm

I personally tried to make small changes like making the column wider & also changing the box color to show the P stats & P’s with same box color, for easier reference.

March 8, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Gotcha. I thought I had formatting changes on but I’ll look into it and maybe change that in the next update.

Dave Timm
    March 8, 2017 at 6:24 pm

Thank you for these cheat sheets Luke! I’m in a keeper auction league. I’ve added in my keepers this year and am getting very strange results for draft inflation. Most players are showing negative dollar values or very small positive values for both columns of the draft inflation. Nothing unusual about the list of keepers or dollar values in our league this year. I used your cheat sheet tool last year and got the results I expected (about 30% inflation for the relatively few top end players available). Anybody else noticing this?

March 8, 2017 at 6:29 pm

Out of curiosity, are you using the something earlier than version 1.15 of the auction cheatsheets? I had fixed some issues with the dollar calculation in 1.15.

Dave Timm
    March 9, 2017 at 9:33 am

I used version 1.15. I downloaded 1.16 yesterday and imported my data and see the same results. Only marginally unusual aspect of our league is we use a $300 cap vs. the traditional $260. I changed the settings option to reflect this.

March 9, 2017 at 11:23 am

Okay, that’s odd. I’m trying to recreate the results but haven’t been able to. Could you please send me a copy of the cheatsheet with your keepers/settings to me? My e-mail address is luke at mrcheatsheet.com.

March 9, 2017 at 11:44 am

Btw, leave a comment here when you do send the e-mail so I know to look out for it. I really want to get this bug identified, if there is one.

Andy D
    March 9, 2017 at 10:38 am

Hey Luke,

I hope this is a simple request. Is it possible to add Net Saves? Our league uses Net Saves instead of Saves. I do see that you added Net Stolen Bases this year!

Year number 4 using your sheets, I have won 2 out of 4 years and easily made the playoffs each year (its a Head2Head league)

Dave Timm
    March 9, 2017 at 2:29 pm

hey Luke,

Just sent you the spreadsheet.

Dave Timm
    March 9, 2017 at 3:38 pm

Luke,

Replied to your email. Found something that might be the “smoking gun”, but you are the expert at this. I am very much the amateur.

Eric L.
    March 9, 2017 at 4:36 pm

I know I keep coming back, but I really love your work with the cheatsheets. Anyways, I came across another small/minor problem I can’t seem to figure out. I’m assuming it’s placing players on the Team Tab based on their WERTH numbers. As an example, one of the teams in my leage has Trea Turner (6.9) and Dustin Pedroia (1.4) who are both listed for 2B. I have tried to place Turner into the MI slot with Pedroia at 2B as that is how they are listed but nothing I tried seems to fix it. Turner remains forever entrenched at 2B and refuses to move. I have tried changing positions on the Your Roto Auction tab which did not work. I even attempted to try and do it on the Save and Load tab (found an error there I’ll explain later) but could not get it to work there either.

As for the Save and Load tab, the error I happen to find was that for Freddie Freeman, I changed his position from 1B to OF which works, however it is listed in the wrong column. It appears in Column K instead of Column L which is labeled for Custom Position.

Rosters Tab still shows the wrong $ value for money left per team. It continuously shows the $ amount left for Team 1 for teams 2-14.

March 9, 2017 at 4:41 pm

You’re right about it auto-creating rosters based on the best possible settings for that roster, which is controlled by WERTH value. I didn’t really think people would want sub-optimal lineups in their calculations (since that is used to calculated Standings and such). I’ve seen a couple people request the ability to change roster designations though so I might look into that.

Didn’t realize about that Roster tab error, I’ll look into it.

The custom position cells on the Save & Load tab are not related to the players in the Draft Log cells there. Those are basically just placeholders that send data to the right players, which are within the hidden sheets. To make that more obvious, I should probably move those so they aren’t right next to each other.

Andrew Bauer
    March 9, 2017 at 9:27 pm

Just downloaded v1.18 and it’s protected and won’t let me enter bids or winning teams.

March 9, 2017 at 9:49 pm

Are you using the header at the top of the Auction page with the drop-downs and clicking Make Pick but it’s giving you an error? Or is this on the Auction Log page?

Andrew Bauer
        March 9, 2017 at 10:01 pm

I was actually doing neither, which had previously always worked, and I discovered afterward that it was not the way to use the sheet. Was just coming to tell you not to worry, I’m just an idiot 🙂

March 9, 2017 at 10:09 pm

Hahaha. I hear ya. I changed a bit of functionality this year. It takes a few minutes to get used to the new change but I think it makes it run faster/smoother once you get the hang of it.

Laura
    March 9, 2017 at 10:44 pm

Is there a way to add a column for player notes like last year’s version?

Manuel
    March 9, 2017 at 11:06 pm

Luke, you are the man!! Jaja greetings from Venezuela. I would like to know the best way to add bench players to the roster roto sheet. Thank you very much for this.

Ken F
    March 10, 2017 at 10:32 am

First, thank you for this great tool. I didn’t scroll through the comments, so if these questions have already been asked and answered, I apologize.
    The new Special Blend projections seem to be very limited for “only” leagues. For example (to use the Phillies), Galvis, Kendrick and Alther do not appear to have projections.
    Have you considered adding Fantrax projections to the blend?
    Draft inflation numbers on the spread sheet appear as negatives. Is this by design?
    Thank you again for what you do.

March 10, 2017 at 10:51 am

I haven’t put the Special Blend projections into the cheatsheets yet but, yes, they don’t have as big of a pool of players because of the more-limited Fangraphs Fans projections. I would likely utilize another projection source (Steamer or ZiPS most likely) for an “only” league.

I’m not familiar with the Fantrax projections but I feel confident with the sources I’m using currently as they have many years of data that allow me to properly weight them.

Are all inflation numbers appearing as negatives on your sheet? Or just some? I would expect to see some negatives for the players who likely shouldn’t be drafted in a league. If all are appearing as negative, I’d need to see what settings you are using to see if maybe there is a bug in the sheet that I need to address.

Ken
        March 10, 2017 at 11:38 am

All are showing negative. Settings are 10 teams, NL only, 14 hitters, 9 pitchers, no bench, $260 budget 65/35 split, Auction values: average of all, Projections: Steamer, Rankings: Mr Cheatsheet, Full points: H,R,HR,RBI,AVG,K,S,ERA,WHIP Half points: W, QS. Input all our keepers at their price. 100+ players still available. All remaining players show draft inflated site value and draft inflated projected value as negative. The absolute value of the draft inflated numbers seem accurate btw.

March 10, 2017 at 11:41 am

Since I won’t be able to match your set of keepers exactly… do you mind sending me a copy of the sheet with your info put into it? I’ve got a few guesses at what is going on but it will be easier if I see your keepers/settings first-hand. My e-mail address is luke at mrcheatsheet.com.

March 10, 2017 at 12:13 pm

In case anybody else encounters this, the negative inflation issue was fixed in Version 1.18 so you may need to redownload!

Jim
    March 10, 2017 at 12:49 pm

Thanks for all your work, they are great resources! on the root cheat sheet, Mark Trumbo is missing.

Kyle
    March 10, 2017 at 1:08 pm

Great work on all of this! It goes a long way in helping prepare for my draft. Quick question though, how exactly will the 2017 Printable Tiers Cheatsheet work. Will it be similar to how the old ESPN cheatsheet printed out all categories on one page, or something along those lines? Just curious. Thank you again for all of this.

March 10, 2017 at 3:22 pm

Not familiar with the ESPN one but it doesn’t sound similar to what I draw up. Here’s what last year’s looked like: http://mrcheatsheet.com/2016/03/18/2016-tiered-cheatsheets/. The idea being it’s a list of players grouped into tiers by draft order at each position. For people who prefer to do things by hand in the draft, the idea is that this would give you something to check off so you can see when you’re about to have a drop in value at a position.

Kyle
        March 10, 2017 at 11:38 pm

This is an even better tool than ESPN offered. When do you think the 2017 one will be ready to roll? Again, this is all great work and will help an enormous amount when it comes time to draft. Thanks!

Nate
    March 10, 2017 at 2:01 pm

Hi Luke, thanks as always for the cheatsheets. Noticed one small bug in the Roto version. My league has pitching losses as a stat, obviously the fewer the better. It looks like it’s counting it the other way as if more losses are better.

For example using FG Depth Chart projections, Kyle Hendricks is projected for 8 losses and gets 0.7 WERTH for it, while Masahiro Tanaka is projected for 10 losses and gets 1.3 WERTH for it. Assuming that should be reversed?

Thanks for your help and all the work you do.

March 10, 2017 at 3:23 pm

Ahh, thanks! I’ll check it out and let you know when I upload the fix.

March 10, 2017 at 3:48 pm

Got the fix uploaded (version 1.16 for roto draft or 1.20 for roto auction). Thanks for heads-up!

Nate
        March 13, 2017 at 6:44 pm

Thanks for making that fix. I just noticed that the same issue is there for pitcher walks issued on the roto draft cheathseet. It’s giving more value for more walks instead of fewer walks. For example Robbie Ray is projected for 64 walks and getting 1.9 WERTH, while Kyle Hendricks is projected for 41 walks and getting 0.4 WERTH. Thanks for your help.

Ryan Blair
    March 10, 2017 at 2:04 pm

Great work on these, Luke. I, myself love creating spreadsheets and have made some of my own based off of other sites that I’ve found around the interwebs. They were similarly as intricate as yours, but the detail you put into making them customizable might just take the prize. I was wondering if you ever needed any help or suggestions with improvements for them. I would be willing to donate some of my time if you are interested. Please let me know. Thanks again!

March 10, 2017 at 3:49 pm

That’s awesome, man! Thanks for the kind words. You certainly know how much work these can be so I appreciate the kudos. I’ll certainly keep you in mind if I can think of a way to utilize you. Thanks again.

Ryan Blair
        March 10, 2017 at 5:40 pm

Thanks, Luke. I work full time in the Engineering field and get experience with spreadsheets and forumlas that way – but it’s definitely more exciting to apply it to something you love doing like Fantasy Baseball!

Ryan Blair
          March 12, 2017 at 6:37 pm

Luke, I have Excel 2007 and for some reason the players are not being “grayed” out when I select them in the Point League cheat sheet. I’m assuming that it’s something to do with a macro, but I don’t have much access to your formulas and macros to fix it for myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated as my draft is late next week. Thanks!

Kevin
    March 10, 2017 at 5:52 pm

Is there a way to update positions for players or have them listed at multiple positions? Matt Carpenter is listed as a 1B and has 2B and 3B eligibility in my league.

Kevin
      March 10, 2017 at 10:40 pm

I see that it says you can change a player position in the “Your Points Draft” page. But I don’t see the column for Chng Position like the instructions say

March 10, 2017 at 10:53 pm

To the left of the player’s name on that Your Points Draft page.

Kevin
          March 10, 2017 at 11:16 pm

Ahh Thanks. The resolution made the column hard to see

paul
    March 10, 2017 at 6:56 pm

it seems like there is a glitch in auction sheet with WERTH values when I make NSB a category. Also, would it be possible to make” on-base percentage against” a category for pitchers like BAA is? Awesome sheets, once again. Can’t wait to use with your special blend.

March 10, 2017 at 7:01 pm

Out of curiosity, which version of the sheet are you seeing the NSB error in? I noticed that and thought I fixed it in all of them but maybe only fixed it in Auction or something. I’ll see if I can find any OBPA projections to add in!

paul
        March 10, 2017 at 7:25 pm

v 1.2 roto auction. Thank you!! One more feature idea: on the positional auction sheet, it’d be great for planning purposes if we could add an ADP column. Comparing ADP to projected $ and/or WERTH on the same sheet would be awesome for quickly identifying players that appear to be good values based on general drafters habits.

Landon
        March 11, 2017 at 5:20 pm

I am also having issues with Net Stolen Bases and WERTH on Roto Draft v.1.16.

I also second the request for OBPA category for pitchers.

Thanks so much for putting these together!!

Jason
    March 11, 2017 at 12:54 am

I feel like the OF and SP valuations are not correct in the auction sheet. Our league is 13 teams, $265 budget, 7×7 with TB, OBP, L, and Holds and Kershaw is only shown as $29 value, guys like Ryan Braun are only $15. Conversely, a guy like Yasmani Grandal is $20. Another note, since OF seem wrong, is my settings are using LF, CF, and RF, not OF.

March 11, 2017 at 10:23 am

I’ll look into it.

Jason Smith
        March 11, 2017 at 10:32 am

Especially if you consider Kershaw has the highest WERTH by a considerable margin (19.7 to Trout’s 14.5). it doesnt seem right that Kershaw is $29 value and Trout is $68.

March 11, 2017 at 10:42 am

Kershaw is valued that cheaply because you’re using Losses and Holds, which is raising the value of RP’s. RP’s aren’t projected for many losses so they are getting a bump in value and non-closers are getting a bump in value because of Holds. With so many valuable RP’s in your league, there is more money to go around for pitching, which decreases Kershaw’s value. That makes sense to me. I’m looking into OF’s though. They don’t look too far off to me but I’m seeing if things need to be done for LF/CF/RF valuations.

Kevin
    March 11, 2017 at 11:29 am

Our auction league has 10 pitchers. Is there a way I can unrestrict and edit the dropdown list on the “Your Roto Auction” tab to allow me to enter 10? If I enter 10 on the “Save and Load” tab that seems to show 10 on the “Your Roto Auction” tab, but the Max Bid on the “Project Standings” tab is off by 1. Thanks!

March 11, 2017 at 11:33 am

Do you mean that you’re trying to edit the drop-down list on the Settings tab?

Kevin
        March 11, 2017 at 1:59 pm

Yes, unless showing that our league uses 10 pitchers should be done another way.

Chuck
    March 11, 2017 at 2:16 pm

Luke,

Could you please add the ability to move a player from the active lineup to the bench? I’m using the Auction sheet. We can keep up to 5 players who we never activated last season. Most of the time these are prospects, but sometimes they are MLBers. We’re also able to keep 7-15 keepers on the active lineup going into the draft. So we can keep up to 20 players out of the 35 we end up with. When adding the keepers, the players that were never activated last year are being added to the active roster, but this totally messes up the team roster and standings.

March 11, 2017 at 2:21 pm

It’s on my list. It’s a pretty big overhaul to allow for that so we’ll see if I can find the time for it this year. The current way it works is that the better players would be moved into the starting lineup as you do your draft over those initial players to create the optimal lineup. I understand how it would initially make the lineups look weird with lower-quality players initially pegged as starters. Sorry about that.

Chuck
        March 11, 2017 at 2:35 pm

The other thing is that the keepers that are supposed to be in bench spots have no salary. So if they never get bumped, it might throw off the $ amount. For example, I’ve got Josh Bell as a bench guy. I’m keeping Greg Bird at $1, but I expect Bell would be kept in the active lineup over Bird.

For me, I’m not worried about the optimal lineup, I just want players slotted in where they are supposed to be based on being a bench guy going into the draft, or being bought in the auction. If you could add the function you have on the Auction sheet where we can change the players position to the Teams sheet, and add Bench, CI and MI as an option, then perhaps players could be moved to the proper position.

March 11, 2017 at 2:40 pm

Understood. Thanks for the idea. I’ll keep it in mind!

Chuck
    March 11, 2017 at 2:18 pm

I just noticed something else on the auction sheet. It’s probably not a big deal. When the sheet is first opened, the default is 5 bench spots. Our league has 12 bench spots, so I changed the settings page to that. When going to the Teams page, it shows 17 bench spots, so it’s adding the default 5 to whatever it gets changed to.

March 11, 2017 at 2:23 pm

That page isn’t set based on your league settings. It just fills up whatever rows aren’t “Starters” as “Bench” spots until it hits the last row. I could do make it so it only has the number of rows based on the roster settings though. I didn’t think of that.

nick
    March 11, 2017 at 3:09 pm

are you able to update the points spreadsheet to add and subtract points for plate appearances. You already have AB, but an AB doesn’t account for a walk, hit by pitch, sac fly or sac bunt. Thanks!

March 11, 2017 at 3:31 pm

Yeah, that’s a good idea! I’ll get that into the next update I do.

nick
        March 11, 2017 at 4:22 pm

thanks!

Nick
      March 11, 2017 at 4:22 pm

would you also be able to categorize pitchers as just P instead of only SP or RP

Kevin
    March 11, 2017 at 3:37 pm

On the auction sheet, the imported values shown on the “Your Roto Auction” tab seem to be two less than what is on the “Import (Values)” tab when Site Auction Values is set to Imported Values on the “Settings” tab. Thanks!

March 11, 2017 at 3:44 pm

I could see that happening sometimes. I should have made a note on that Import Values tab about that. By default, the spreadsheet tries to take site values typically based on a $3,120 total league budget ($260 per team for 12 teams) and then it converts the site values based on whatever your total league budget is. It does the same with imported values (so if your league budget is not $3,120 then it will adjust them). I’ll put in something on that page in the next update that may help with that.

Kevin
        March 11, 2017 at 3:58 pm

I see. Our league is $270 per team for 11 teams. Thanks for the fast response!

Kevin
    March 11, 2017 at 4:12 pm

Looking back on my earlier post (about our league allowing for 10 pitchers) I can just set that by the Save and Load tab and can override the restriction on the Setting tab. It just looks the like the Max Bid calculation on the Projected Standings tab is off by 1 (it should be one higher than displayed).Our league is $270 per team for 11 teams.

March 13, 2017 at 7:00 pm

Cool, I’ll look into it and try to address higher roster limits in the next update.

Jake
    March 11, 2017 at 6:40 pm

Is there a way to adjust the max allowed players? The limit for DH/UTIL is 5 but I would like to change it to 6. Points league.

March 13, 2017 at 7:01 pm

Yeah, good idea. I’ll address that in my next update.

Greg A
    March 12, 2017 at 3:07 pm

Hey Luke, just wanted to say this is incredibly done. I have one question though. Is there anyway to add another Roto Category to the drop down list to the setting tab? I only ask because we also account for HRISP and FLD% and I was hoping to be able to add these to make the predictions more customized to my draft. If so where would I import the data? Would I just make a new column in the Import (Projections) tab? Let me know if this is possible. Thanks again

March 13, 2017 at 7:04 pm

Thanks for the kind words! And, yeah, unfortunately you can’t add in custom stats to the projections. It just uses the couple dozen roto categories that are within the Settings options.

Greg A
        March 14, 2017 at 9:44 am

No worries, just figured I would ask. I’ve always wanted to put something like this together but just haven’t had the time. Maybe next year. This is still a great help, thanks again

Nick
    March 12, 2017 at 5:06 pm

Hi Luke, imported ATC projections from Fangraphs (similar concept to your special blend). Once they’re loaded not seeing them come up anywhere. Do I need to execute any function to make them appear? Thought they would come up in Player comparison. Where do I go to see them imported into the spreadsheet

Thanks

March 13, 2017 at 7:05 pm

You’d choose them as the Projection Source on the Settings page under Cheatsheet Options. They would then be used as the projection source for WERTH Roto Value calculations and such on the Draft/Auction page.

Tom
    March 12, 2017 at 5:56 pm

Mr. CC! Another year, another sheet. Gracias. Having trouble working a lot of the macros in LibreOffice Calc. Have you done anything to get it working on there, or just Excel?

March 13, 2017 at 7:06 pm

Hmm, no, I haven’t tried the cheatsheets on any spreadsheet program other than Excel. With so much happening within them, I wouldn’t be surprised if there are things it is doing that are unique to Excel and unable to work on other spreadsheet programs.

Chuck
    March 12, 2017 at 7:44 pm

Hi Luke,

Any chance you could modify the sheets just a bit to highlight the row of the selected player in yellow, to make it stand out better?

Phil T Rich
    March 12, 2017 at 7:49 pm

Luke, first time using your cheat sheet. Seems to be what I should have been using for years. But on the list is shows guys like Yelich and Zunino all the way at the bottom of the list, almost like they are listed in alphabetical order. I’m using ADP as the listing type. Is this an error? Thanks.

March 13, 2017 at 7:07 pm

I think the Combined ADP may be off for that. I’d try an ADP option other than that one until I get my next update done.

Chuck
    March 12, 2017 at 7:52 pm

Just adding keepers to the auction sheet (v 1.2) and on the Team page, the stats for the pitchers aren’t displaying. Hitters are fine.

Any chance of giving the option on the Team pages of displaying either the WERTH value or the Projected $ value?

Chuck
    March 12, 2017 at 9:30 pm

Also noticed that on the Projected Standings page, the $ left per player is apparently being calculated by including the bench players. In our league (and I would guess most auction leagues), the bench players are selected from those left over after the auction, and don’t have a salary assigned. Can this be changed to use just the number of active players needed?

Jon
    March 13, 2017 at 3:01 pm

I used to be able to input notes next to players. I found this quite useful, but now it says the sheet is protected. Any way to type notes next to player?
    Thanks for your great tool.

March 13, 2017 at 7:10 pm

Yeah, when I rewrote the spreadsheets this year, I initially couldn’t find a good spot to put that Notes column. I decided to take it off and see if people wanted it back. I’ve seen a couple other people mention it too so I’ll see what I can do to get it added back in my next update.

Chuck McGill
        March 13, 2017 at 7:20 pm

Add me to those who’d like the Notes column returned.

Eric L.
    March 14, 2017 at 6:37 am

Any idea when the next update with your special blend included will be out?

DS
    March 14, 2017 at 11:48 am

Great, great tool. Thanks so much for the work you put into it!

A couple of things I noticed.

1. BB for pitchers seems to contribute positive value instead of negative, making Edinson Volquez into a bizarro Kershaw.
    2. My league has H/9 as a category. Is there any way you can add that in?

Thanks!

DC
    March 14, 2017 at 5:26 pm

Excellent tool and thanks for the work you’ve put into this!

I do have a question…maybe I’m just not seeing it or figured out how to do it yet.

1. In a h2h points league, with a snake draft, how do I see ADP, ADP Rd, and Odds Avail Next Rd, incorporated into your spreadsheet? For some reason, it’s completely blank for every player on mine. All I’ve done is add my scoring system and Team Names into the ‘Settings’ tab. Sort By ADP doesn’t work.

Any help is appreciated!

DC
      March 14, 2017 at 5:39 pm

I think I figured out the answer to my own question. When you choose ‘Yahoo’ as the ADP Site under ‘Cheatsheet Setup’ it removes ADP and everything else associated with ADP. Is that a known and/or fixable error? Thanks!

KT
    March 14, 2017 at 5:46 pm

Hi Luke. I really like your sheets and have been using them for a few years. I just started going through this year’s sheet and have a few questions.

Is there any way to change who drafted a player once you make the choice? I couldn’t figure out a way to do it without going to the “Save and Load” tab and clearing it there. Is that what I’m supposed to be doing?

Also, in the past I’ve done some minor formatting to the sheets – just highlighting and adding notes after the final column. Will those things be possible in future releases?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Rick
      March 15, 2017 at 4:03 pm

You can go to draft log tab & simply delete the player. When you go back to the Roto draft tab then it will be that teams selection again. I use this to see how players affect my standings.

RJ
    March 14, 2017 at 10:21 pm

Hey Luke. I’m having an issue on the Roto draft cheatsheet. I have 14 teams all with 3 keepers which i submitted. But when I go to use the “your roto draft” page to start making picks it will not move past the first pick. I click “make pick” and it will not move to the next pick in the draft, it just keeps it on the same team and when i try to make a new pick it just replaces the previous pick.

Thanls!!

March 14, 2017 at 10:35 pm

Weird. Can you send me a copy of the sheet to luke at mrcheatsheet.com? Also, out of curiosity, what version of Excel are you using?

RJ
        March 14, 2017 at 11:13 pm

Okay sent! on PC excel 2007, and tried it on excel on my mac as well.

March 15, 2017 at 5:12 pm

FYI for others, this one was identified and will be fixed for all in the next release. Thanks for bringing this one up, RJ.

Rick
    March 15, 2017 at 4:07 pm

Luke, I am having trouble with the Rosters tab. When i go into it, there are players on my bench that should be in empty position slots. Is there a way around this. I tried moving them & is P/W protected. I also tried deleting them in the draft log, & then re-drafting them. Player is still in bench slot after. This is of course altering my teams projected totals & skewing my teams needs.
    Am I missing a setting that tells the standings sheet to calculate all players not just those in positions?

March 15, 2017 at 4:24 pm

So you draft, for instance, a 2B and there’s an open 2B on that team but he’s being assigned to the bench? That certainly is not how the sheet should work. Can you send me a copy of the sheet with your settings to luke at mrcheatsheet.com? Thanks!

March 15, 2017 at 5:11 pm

FYI for others, issue was identified for this one (though it required a bunch of variables for it to happen) and will be resolved in the next version.

Chuck
    March 15, 2017 at 5:07 pm

Here’s another bug in the Auction sheet (v 1.20). On the Projected Standings page, none of the Positions Drafted is being filled in for any of the teams. They’re all blank.

Chuck
    March 16, 2017 at 5:35 pm

Thanks for the latest update. In version 2.0 of the Auction Sheet, the Projected Standings page is now unprotected.

Allen
    March 20, 2017 at 2:49 pm

Having trouble with 2.10. All I have to do to start getting errors is enable editing and content and then when I start selecting names from the your roto auction tab is give errors. My draft took place this past weekend and on the version before today’s 2.10, everything worked great other than on the Teams tab the pitcher projection stats aren’t loading for any of them like the hitter’s stats are.

Love this spreadsheet overall, and I reluctantly told the rest of the draft about it after we were done.

March 20, 2017 at 3:31 pm

Interesting. I’ll check it out. What version of Excel are you using, out of curiosity?

Allen
      March 20, 2017 at 3:36 pm

Excel 2016

March 20, 2017 at 4:59 pm

Try downloading again. Should be fixed now.

Allen
          March 21, 2017 at 10:07 am

Much appreciated. No more errors on the new version, and it is showing the pitcher stats on the Teams tab now as well.

Matt
    March 20, 2017 at 7:39 pm

Awesome Sheet! Have you ever thought of creating a H2H Points/Auction sheet.

Chris
    March 29, 2017 at 7:41 am

Please take a moment to send Luke some $! Whether you consider the excellent insight or the time savings, this is super helpful. This was my 2nd year using his model, and it was a tremendous help in my draft last night.
    Thanks Luke!

Tyler Thurston
    June 5, 2017 at 12:48 pm

Can you unlock the teams page? Would like the ability to update this throughout the season to target players.