2019 Fantasy Baseball Excel Cheatsheets (Roto and Points Leagues) | Version 1.00

It feels a bit wild to say this but, ladies and gentleman, this is the 10th anniversary of Mr. Cheatsheet. I started publishing my fantasy baseball cheatsheets and research online to a little blog that nobody was reading ten years ago. Basically, I had the wacky idea that other people might benefit from the work I was doing to win my own leagues. Despite not getting much attention, I kept going for years and eventually people started to find me. Once that happened, I got tips, ideas and requests on ways to improve the cheatsheets in ways that helped even more people. All of the seemingly crazy requests back then pushed me to get even more creative with my Excel skills and the spreadsheets have come a long way as a result of that.

It’ll be fun to see where we’re at in another ten years. I assume the cheatsheets will just be imprinted onto your eyeballs by that time. For now, my cheatsheets are still being delivered to your computers the old-fashioned way. So, without further ado, let’s jump into the 2019 fantasy baseball season with the first version of my cheatsheets.

2019 Fantasy Baseball CheatsheetsWhat Makes These Cheatsheets Special?

My goal when building these cheatsheets was to make them customizable enough that they could handle any type of fantasy baseball league possible. Whether you play in a 10×10 roto league or a custom points league, these sheets can help you during your draft. You open them up in Microsoft Excel (works for both Mac and Windows) then put in your league settings and the cheatsheets will give you player values that are catered to your very special unique league.

Once the draft gets going, you can keep track of it in the spreadsheet. You’ll be able to see projected standings and all sorts of data during your draft so that you can make educated decisions when your time to pick comes up.

If you are in a keeper league, you can enter your keepers in and the cheatsheet will take those into account. If you’re in a roto auction league, you can run it from the cheatsheet and get custom values based on your league settings that change during the draft based on your league’s inflation rates. The possibilities for what these cheatsheets can handle are (nearly) endless.

What Data Am I Pulling In?

Since this is the 10th anniversary, I’m feeling a tad reflective at the moment. Over those years, we’ve seen some projection sources disappear such as CAIRO, CHONE, MORPS, Marcel and many others. We’ve also seen ADP sources go away such as MockDraftCentral and FantasyGameday. I owe a great deal to all of them for their work that has brought us to today.

That being said, we’re in a golden age of projections and draft data. Though the sheer number of options has dwindled a bit, that’s because we have such good options nowadays. For instance, Steamer changed the whole baseball projection world and made other systems obsolete and the same can be said for FantasyPros when it comes to their work with ADP and Rankings.

I pull in lots of data for you to choose from in these spreadsheets. I have a bit of my own data in there but this spreadsheet mostly crowdsources the best baseball minds. Here’s what you can find inside this first version of the 2019 cheatsheets.

• Projections Sources: Steamer, Fangraphs, Clay Davenport
  • Average Draft Position Sources: FantasyPros, CBS, ESPN, Fantrax, NFBC
  • Auction Values Sources: FantasyPros, CBS, ESPN, Yahoo, RotoChamp
  • Expert Rankings Sources: FantasyPros, Yahoo, ESPN, RotoChamp

There will be additional data added into future updates of the 2019 cheatsheet. Notably, you’ll eventually find ZiPS projections and my Special Blend projections.

WERTH Values (Roto Leagues)

If you’re playing in a roto league, you may notice that these cheatsheets have a WERTH value for each player. These are essentially z-scores in each roto category based on your league setting. The cheatsheets calculate who the projected league starters would be and then use that to calculate league averages and standard deviations in each category. Using that data, it then says how far above average each person is in that category (z-score) so a positive WERTH value means that player will contribute positively for your team. This is all dependent on your league settings which makes these values completely unique to your league.

Download Your 2019 Cheatsheet

The cheatsheets come in three different flavors. There’s a draft and auction version of the cheatsheet for roto leagues (this includes roto head-to-head leagues). If you are in a points-based head-to-head league, there’s a cheatsheet for that as well.

Download the cheatsheet for your rotisserie standard draft leagues
(Current Version: 1.75 uploaded on March 27 at 6:45 PM EST)

Download the cheatsheet for your rotisserie auction draft leagues
(Current Version: 1.75 uploaded on March 29 at 10:30 AM EST)

Download the cheatsheet for your points-based league drafts
(Current Version: 1.75 uploaded on March 29 at 11:00 AM EST)

Troubleshooting

Hopefully the cheatsheets themselves give you enough instruction inside of them to get the hang of things. If you have questions about anything though, post your questions in the comments below so I can answer for others to see.

While I did a bunch of testing on these prior to their release, it’s hard to test out every conceivable scenario so it’s possible you may encounter a bug or error that I didn’t catch. Let me know about that as well and I’ll post updates as needed. You can keep track of spreadsheet updates by following me on Twitter where I post about any minor updates that may happen.

As new cheatsheet updates are released, you’ll want to utilize the Save Or Load page in the cheatsheet to copy and paste your custom data into new updates.

If you have ideas for new features, post about those in the comments as well and I’ll see what I can do. I know there’s been an outcry for a Points Auction version of the sheets, for instance, which I will work on in addition to other feature updates that you all suggest.

Donations

I don’t like asking for money but these do take a ton of work. They are free to whoever wants to use them. There are similar resources out there that charge money and I respect that but I’ve never wanted to go down that road because I’d rather everybody has draft help if they need it. That being said, donations help keep this site afloat because storage and bandwidth and everything else costs money (and I like to think my own time working on these is valuable). Feel free to use the donation buttons below if you want to buy me a beer or a coffee… or a private island.

Have fun exploring the cheatsheets and good luck this season!

You Might Also Like

221 Comments

Sunday, February 17, 2019 – Fantasy Baseball Links | FantasyRundown.com
    February 17, 2019 at 4:30 pm

[…] Fantasy Baseball Rankings: MrCheatSheet.com has released the first version of their cheat sheets for roto, points, and […]

Will Brassil
      February 18, 2019 at 12:03 pm

Do you think you’ll make a head to head categories sheet?

Wah Chan
        February 19, 2019 at 9:17 am

you can use the roto sheet, which i’ve used in the past and won

Will B
          February 19, 2019 at 9:34 am

I’m realizing this is the move. Thanks

Jack
          February 28, 2019 at 6:17 pm

same here

Casey
      March 17, 2019 at 11:20 pm

I am confused by the site auction values. When looking at them all in the player tab for example. You have Ozzie Albie saying all under $14 not to mention NL only as well. Every site has him at $23ish and your values alone has them at $33. For example I can go over to FantasyPro’s and do NL only and they have him @ $23 so not sure why your player tab has him at $13 for them.

Is this not up to date or?

Thanks

Casey's Superego
        April 9, 2019 at 9:13 am

WHAT?! take a deep breath. collect your thoughts. try again. this time, communicate clearly.

Casey
          April 9, 2019 at 9:31 am

What I stated makes perfect sense.

It’s not our fault you’re too slow to comprehend

To add to your stupid and fake name. The developer responded to the issue

Kyle
      March 21, 2019 at 7:44 am

Thanks for the hard work, Luke! Quick question on the “Auction Log” sheet…

I’m never seeing anything in the “Errors?” column even when gibberish data is entered. Am I misunderstanding something or there is another issue at hand? Just want to make sure the 100+ names I copy/pasted in actually correlate with the names in the system. Using Excel 365. Thanks!

March 21, 2019 at 9:22 am

Hmm, I’ve never used Excel 365 so I’m not entirely sure the spreadsheet works in there. Is that an online app as opposed to an actual desktop program?

Kyle
      March 26, 2019 at 12:04 pm

Hi Luke,

I am trying to edit the teams page to upload all keepers and review team salaries prior to the draft but it won’t let me edit anything. Is there a password I need to do this?

Thanks,
      Kyle

Chuck
    February 17, 2019 at 4:57 pm

Hi Luke,

Great to have the sheets back for another season. I think I’ve asked this in the past. On the Teams page, could you include the team total of the initial cost for each player, maybe next to the Money Left amount? I’ve seen it written that in auction leagues, you want to draft somewhere around $330 in value with your $260. Having the value total of the drafted players up top would make it easy to keep track of that.

February 17, 2019 at 11:55 pm

Hey Chuck. Always a pleasure to hear from you. You certainly may have suggested that in the past and I forgot about it. That’s a cool idea. I’ll give it a shot and see if I can pull it off.

Bryan Burmeister
      March 22, 2019 at 12:30 pm

Can I join your league where you can get that large of a “profit”? Most leagues I am in, even if you had full knowledge after the thing was over, that would be impossible.

Justin
    February 17, 2019 at 8:19 pm

I wish I knew how to use Excel. None of the drop downs on the settings page do anything for me on the spreadsheet when I download it, and when I search for keepers it says Player not found.

February 17, 2019 at 11:56 pm

Which version of Excel do you have?

Justin
        February 18, 2019 at 9:06 am

Excel 2003. If you email me I will send you screenshots.

mitch
    February 17, 2019 at 8:56 pm

Thanks so much for getting it out early this season……..

February 17, 2019 at 11:57 pm

Yeah, this year luckily wasn’t quite as chaotic as last year so I was able to get a jump-start on it!

casey
    February 17, 2019 at 11:26 pm

how do I add the number of bench players in my league we are allowed?

February 17, 2019 at 11:58 pm

For a regular roto draft? I don’t have that as an input because it doesn’t affect any of the calculations within the sheet. In a roto auction, I do have that as a setting because it affects dollars values there.

Chuck
        February 18, 2019 at 9:47 am

In our league, we have a 12 round taxi draft at the end of the auction. It acts as a snake draft, with no cost applied to the picks. In my case, would it be best to set the bench number to zero since we have no values attached to these players?

February 18, 2019 at 1:41 pm

Yup, that’s what I would do!

Casey C
          March 18, 2019 at 3:43 pm

I guess thats what Im asking

We run a 23 player auction $260 – Then a 17 player keeper / dynasty bench – Can be minor league or active players

Value attached to those picks dont effect the $260 budget so I was trying to figure out the correct setup.

• Casey C
            March 18, 2019 at 3:44 pm

To be honest. I think thats a different casey, but reading the responses is a question I had. I just came across this site two days ago. LOL

Well worth a donation

Blaize
    February 18, 2019 at 2:44 am

Thank you so much for doing these. In the points league cheatsheet, it seems that the pitchers points arent totaling up correctly? I keep getting them to come out to negative projections.

Blaize
      February 18, 2019 at 2:47 am

my apologies. i entered the wrong data haha. Thank you again for such amazing content.

Ken Kidd
    February 18, 2019 at 8:28 am

Thanks for getting these out so early!!! Hello a lot with my draft prep.

RS Krause
    February 18, 2019 at 8:34 am

Hi Luke, I play on a points auction league. Which spreadsheet should I use? TY

February 18, 2019 at 9:00 am

Ahh, unfortunately I don’t have a version for Points Auction leagues yet! I have gotten requests for that though and I’m going to try to make a version that handles that soon.

RS Krause
        February 18, 2019 at 9:06 am

Looking forward to it. Thanks Luke

Robb
    February 18, 2019 at 10:21 am

I think Carlos Martinez is missing from the positional rankings. Just wanted to bring it to your attention.

Craig Shieber
    February 18, 2019 at 10:33 am

Yes, Auction Points! Have my auction exactly 1 month from today. Please make it happen Mr. Cheatsheet

Will
    February 18, 2019 at 12:04 pm

Do you think you’ll make a head to head categories sheet?

February 18, 2019 at 1:38 pm

H2H Categories is just a form of Roto so use the Roto cheatsheets for that.

Steve
    February 18, 2019 at 12:58 pm

I’ve imported the batters projections under the appropriate columns but am not getting a value for the total points? Does something further need to be done, to have the projections calculated into total points?

February 18, 2019 at 1:38 pm

I’ll look into it. It may just be something I missed on my end. I’ll let you know.

Steve
        February 25, 2019 at 8:57 am

Do you know if this error is on my end or your end?

March 6, 2019 at 11:07 am

FYI, this is fixed in the latest version (or should be!)

Tim
        March 2, 2019 at 2:57 am

I am having the same issue. Imported my projections under the proper tabs but only the runs category is totaling for hitters. The pitching import worked fine. Love the tool, btw. Thanks for all your hard work!

aaron
    February 18, 2019 at 1:20 pm

hey luke,

many thanks for this awesome product. looks like player notes don’t copy over from version to version – any idea how i can do that? i copied the save/load section of 1.0.0 to 1.0.1, and it moved everything except the notes over correctly.

February 18, 2019 at 1:39 pm

Ah, interesting! I’ll look into that and see what’s going on and let you know.

March 6, 2019 at 11:08 am

This was a good idea. While it doesn’t address old version of the cheatsheets, I released a new version today that will allow you to transfer the notes over to new version as well.

John
    February 18, 2019 at 2:18 pm

Thank you very making this. Gonna be my first year utilizing your sheets so am excited to try something new

We have keepers but the sheets are coming up as protected, disallowing me to enter in player names. What would the password be to unlock? Am trying under the ‘rosters’ page

Thanks!

Nick Whitt
      February 24, 2019 at 8:04 pm

John,

If you’re trying to enter the names of players for keepers, do it under the “Keepers” tab, not the “Rosters” tab. The Rosters tab I believe just displays the data you have entered either under the “Keepers” tab, “Draft Log” tab, or the actual draft tab.

Seth
    February 18, 2019 at 3:17 pm

Hey Luke – found a small bug on the settings tab when selecting pitching categories, where a dropdown option is not always available.

In general, in the list of ordered pitching category enumerations (W, S, K, ERA, WHIP, QS, Holds, Save + Holds, K – BB, K/BB, K/9, CG, Shutouts, ER, BAA, Hits Allw, HR’s, Walks, L, IP, GS, Games, Blown Sv, Net Sv, H/9), the 10th one on the remaining list is not a selectable option.

Example 1: Given you have the default five pitching options selected.
    When you go to select the 6th pitching option
    Then BAA is not available as an option.

Example 2: Given you have the default five pitching options selected
    And you select Holds for 6, and K/9 for 7
    When you select the 8th pitching option
    Then 10th item on the remaining list (HR’s) is no longer an option (Hits Allw is directly next to Walks)

Hope this helps. Thank you!

Doug
      February 20, 2019 at 5:56 pm

Hey Luke!
      I was wondering if there’s an ability to sort by ‘position adjusted WERTH’ for purposes of evaluating trade talks?
      Also, will there be a version of the rankings for a dynasty draft?
      Love the spreadsheets, thanks again!

March 6, 2019 at 11:08 am

Thanks for catching this. I was able to figure out what was going on and it is fixed in the latest version!

Chuck
    February 18, 2019 at 3:26 pm

Another suggestion: Allow us to define categories for the Notes. In our league, after two years, you can either sign a player to a two year contract, drop the player, or keep the player’s topper rights, meaning you can top the highest bid in the draft by a dollar to keep that player for one more year. So I’d like to have a Topper category that I could define (with a cell color also, if possible). We’re also allowed to keep up to 5 players from the previous year who were never activated. They’re called R players. Thus, I’d like to define an R category also for the notes, so I know which players are already on someone’s roster.

March 6, 2019 at 11:09 am

I was able to partially solve your problem in today’s update, haha. I didn’t get to the point of defining cell colors but I did open up the Note Type to allow for you to write in your own values (no more than 7 characters though). Hope this helps.

Chuck
        March 6, 2019 at 11:14 am

Thanks. I’ll check it out later today. As always, I appreciate your hard work on this.

Warren
    February 18, 2019 at 3:34 pm

Hi Luke, thank you for this fantastic resource! I use the Positions tab the most during drafts, mostly as a way to visualize tier-breaks. When I try to use the Ctrl-F feature to search for players, I get an error message. Is there any way to be able to use the Ctrl-F Find feature with your file?

March 5, 2019 at 12:57 pm

Hey sorry. Just noticed this particular comment. You can use Ctrl-F. When the Find box comes up, click on Options though to make sure it says “Look In: Values” (as opposed to “Look In: Formulas”).

Jeff
    February 18, 2019 at 3:57 pm

Here’s one more vote for the points auction excel file

Ken K
    February 18, 2019 at 9:19 pm

Great work, as usual, Mr Cheatsheet! One minor request, any chance you can add IP minus ER as a pitching category? I can get around this by putting in ER and IP as half categories, but having IP minus ER would make things easier. Thanks again.

March 6, 2019 at 11:10 am

I was able to add that in to today’s update. Thanks for the suggestion!

Ken
        March 6, 2019 at 5:46 pm

Awesome, thanks Luke!!!

Travis C
    February 19, 2019 at 8:26 am

Can you add the option to sort by Pos Adj WERTH on the Your Roto Draft tab?

Wah Chan
    February 19, 2019 at 10:21 am

Thank you again Luke for doing this for us.
    I’m in a keeper league where we trade draft picks. I know in your cheatsheet, you are set to run a snake draft order. Any way to make it easy where we can mark Team 1 to have picks 11, 17, 19 for example. Or do we have to manually go into each round and edit the pick number with right team name. Thanks

Wah Chan
      February 19, 2019 at 10:27 am

Oops, also wanted to ask for keepers, can we put what round they are being kept at so when draft comes, those players aren’t taking off the top by assign to the round in the draft that they are being kept at, thanks

February 24, 2019 at 7:39 pm

Yeah, in the cases where there have been draft pick trades, I go into the Draft Log and manually edit the picks that have been traded.

Eric
    February 19, 2019 at 4:52 pm

Was going to ask for the auction + points sheet but see you already addressed this. Thank you Luke

Dan
    February 20, 2019 at 1:40 pm

Hey Luke,
    Love the Auction Cheat Sheet my man, truly first rate stuff and a go to every year. Had a quick one about the lowest possible bid. Is there something that prevents you from allowing a Zero bid? Would love to see that ability if possible. Great work man, thank you as always for providing!

March 6, 2019 at 11:11 am

Great idea. I added that in as an update to the latest version that I released today.

Justin
    February 20, 2019 at 7:17 pm

Could you add the option to sort by Pos Adj WERTH on the ‘Your Roto Draft’ section?

Chris
    February 21, 2019 at 11:05 am

I’m sure I’m doing something wrong, but it seems that when I adjust the projection settings to use a custom combination (https://i.imgur.com/zxc9VyC.png), nothing shows up in the stats area on the Your Points Draft sheet (https://i.imgur.com/0VVXYDR.png). I downloaded a completely fresh version of the Points Draft sheet, changed just this setting, and am still having the issue. Thanks in advance for any help!

February 24, 2019 at 7:41 pm

I’ll give it a look and get it fixed for the next update. I think there may be an issue with the custom combinations due to not all of the projections being available yet but I’ll see.

March 6, 2019 at 11:11 am

I was able to fix this in the latest version that was released today. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Nate
    February 21, 2019 at 6:15 pm

Hi Luke, will you add the option to change a player’s position in future updates? I know we’ve had it in previous years, and it’s really helpful for guys with multi-position eligibility so that you can get correct adjusted WERTH and projected standings (so the player slots into your lineup where you’ll be playing him). Thanks as always!

February 24, 2019 at 7:40 pm

Is that not working correctly? I’ll give that a look and see what’s up.

Nate
        March 1, 2019 at 1:37 pm

Don’t think so, unless the method has changed? Used to be that in the “Your Roto Draft” section you could highlight a player’s position and it would allow for a dropdown menu to change the position. The option for that dropdown isn’t appearing on my sheet, and the cell is protected so I can’t type in the new position either. I play in a keeper league and my roster includes Jose Ramirez, Manny Machado, and Corey Seager, so getting them lined up at 2B/3B/SS respectively is important for me haha

Appreciate you looking into it and all the work you do!

Nick
          March 2, 2019 at 7:36 pm

There is a column to the left of the players name that you can use to change their position. It does not add positions, so it doesn’t account for multiple positions, but you can use it to recalculate the WERTH based on the new position. Also, on the Rosters sheet you can change a players position by double clicking on their name.

• J
            March 10, 2019 at 12:36 pm

Luke, thanks for the heavy lifting. Multi-position eligibility is key in my draft and it would be super helpful to have the option to assign multiple positions to players. Any chance this is a possibility? If the hurdle here relates to WERTH calculations, can we associate the highest value position for this purpose?

Chuck
    February 22, 2019 at 4:23 pm

I’ve got another suggestion, Luke. On the roto auction sheet, if Hide Drafted Players is selected, could it automatically hide columns A + B, also?

And another very minor suggestion: Could you shade the pitching category column headers the same color the stats are shaded?

Ken
    February 23, 2019 at 12:19 pm

Does anyone know of an Excel substitute that actually works? I have tried Open Office and PlanMaker (Softmaker Free Office) and neither of them work. Open Office is a total bust and PlanMaker just ‘spins’ for like 5 minutes every time you click on anything.

Tony
    February 24, 2019 at 9:25 am

Is there a way to set position rules for players? For example, J Profar played majority of his games at SS and typically under a 20 GP eligibility is a 1B, SS, 3B. The cheatsheet has him as an OF. I see that we can manually change a player but was looking to see if there was a way to put in GP minimums to create position eligibility

February 24, 2019 at 7:41 pm

I’ve thought about that. I’ll see what I can do for a future update.

Frank
    February 24, 2019 at 7:19 pm

I’m trying to copy and paste some stats – less info – since the “hide” feature doesn’t work, – in a separate excel spreadsheet. But I get an error message (run-time error ‘1001’) . Is this because it’s password protected? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Jason Smith
    February 25, 2019 at 9:51 pm

Just curious, have you ever tried writing some criteria in the solver add in (or maybe a macro) to see if you could try to find the optimal draft using ADP and WERTH? Didnt know if this would be possible and if it could be an additional tab?

February 27, 2019 at 12:05 pm

That’s a great idea and one I’ve messed with but hadn’t gotten it to a point that I was happy enough with the results to include in the sheet. I may give it another shot here though.

Jason Smith
        February 27, 2019 at 10:36 pm

I know it would be time consuming to come up with all the criteria. When you messed with it, what tools were you using? Would be invaluable if you could get it working. I always try to do it manually and just too many iterations to do legitmately by hand.

David
          March 14, 2019 at 11:27 am

+1.
          Luke, thank you for all of your work. I find the spreadsheet, sleeper info, rankings and cheatsheet incredibly useful.

I am also trying to do something along these lines manually. I am curious how others are using the current spreadsheet. For the past few years I have used the spreadsheet to try to manually find the most optimal pick available based on roto category need and WERTH and a few other factors and find this to be difficult to do on the fly.

I would be interested/curious/happy to test anything you’ve thrown together.

Harrison Montague
    February 25, 2019 at 10:48 pm

Love this! Quick question, my pitching points are coming in way low – do you know why this might be? I am using the head to head points section

February 27, 2019 at 12:04 pm

I assume you put in your scoring system to mirror the points scoring in your league? Is there a category your league uses that’s not in my sheet perhaps?

Nathalie
    February 26, 2019 at 3:21 pm

Hi, first time using this (thanks for putting it together). Our draft is Monday March4 and I have 2 questions:

1) I’m in a H2H categories league, I understood I need to use the Roto cheatsheet? What do I need to change in order for it to be the most useful possible for my league?

2) Also, I input all the keepers, Alex Bregman being one of mine and he’s on the first line in the keepers tab. But for some reason he’s showing as available in the Draft tab and I only have 7 keepers assigned (I kept 8). How can I fix this? Thanks!

February 27, 2019 at 12:08 pm

Honestly, when I’ve used it for H2H categories, I haven’t made any modifications versus the standard roto sheet. At the end of the day, it is still giving you the value on the year for a player even if you aren’t getting their “weekly” value. As far as the missing keeper issue, I noticed that the other day too and will put out a quick little fix for that soon. It’s just not carrying over that top keeper because of a little bug.

Mike
    February 27, 2019 at 9:04 am

Do your rankings, draft order, etc. in your spreadsheets automatically update when you update them for different sites?

I am wondering if it makes sense to wait and load up a cheat sheet.

February 27, 2019 at 12:03 pm

Unfortunately, I don’t have automatic updates built into the sheet (they become too unwieldy when I do that) so I’d probably just wait a week or so for the next major update unless you have a draft sooner than that.

Mike
        February 27, 2019 at 3:30 pm

Thank you, good to know. How often do you update them? My draft is the 18th.

Hal
    February 27, 2019 at 9:30 am

Hi Luke, please tell me you’re working on that spreadsheet for points auction leagues. Should I keep my hopes up?

Andrew
    February 27, 2019 at 11:58 am

Luke

Link wont open for me – Keep spinning trying to open

February 27, 2019 at 12:03 pm

Give it another shot. I was doing a site update behind the scenes a moment ago that may have slowed it down for a bit.

Andrew
        February 28, 2019 at 6:00 pm

Still not working

BH
    February 27, 2019 at 1:25 pm

Love the spreadsheet. Incredibly useful. My only issue is that my league uses a category not included in the sheet. Is there a way to add a custom category?

March 5, 2019 at 1:09 pm

What’s the category? There isn’t an ability to add custom categories but if it is a stat that I can add in then I could give it a shot for the next update.

RS
    February 27, 2019 at 9:35 pm

Hey man thanks for taking the time to do this. It’s going to be my first season this year and I don’t know much about baseball. I’ve been playing around with the sheet and was wondering what numbers a newbie like me should be paying attention to during the draft? Do I just look to pick guys with the highest WERTH value?

Mike Strohmer
    February 28, 2019 at 5:50 am

I found your spreadsheet awesome, but the problem i have is macros? I use libre office, and it tells me to retype the password as the document cannot be exported with protected items. New to this excel so if i am doing something wrong Luke i apologize. Just this popup keeps coming up to retype password. there is are multiple sheet protection that some are blocked out and others say to retype password. very top is document protection that is blocked from typing. I am not handy with computer skills but i try. Again this is on Libre Office excel and if i wrong trying to use your great cheatsheet. i apologize and will drop it…thanks,

AH
    February 28, 2019 at 2:04 pm

Is there a timetable for data updates closer to the season’s beginning? I know Fangraphs added ZiPS this morning.

March 1, 2019 at 12:04 pm

Yup, I hope to do another update in the near future. I don’t have a specific timetable but I would say there will be an updated version within the next week.

AH
        March 1, 2019 at 5:58 pm

Awesome, thanks for all your work.

Brian
    February 28, 2019 at 5:55 pm

Thank you for a great cheatsheet. I have a 10×10 league and I have a couple questions…
    1. We do Net Saves + Holds as a scoring category. The Cheatsheet has Net Saves and Holds as separate categories. Is there a way I can combine these, and if not, would it affect the overall scoring/ranking if I just added them as two categories instead of one (cheatsheet sees it as a 10×11 league, but it’s actually a Yahoo 10×10). Not sure how the math works behind the scenes, so I wasn’t sure.
    2. We have Appearances as a category. This would be the same as “Games”, right?

Thanks again, you’ve done fantastic work here!
    -Brian

March 6, 2019 at 11:16 am

I would probably just use Sv + Holds as the category since should come close to the same sort of data. And, yeah, Games would be Appearances as well.

Dewey
    March 1, 2019 at 11:58 am

In the points cheatsheet, in the settings, I tried to change the projections to use to my own custom combination. I put in numbers which totaled 100. But then when I go to the “Your Points Draft” tab, there are no projected stats and no projected points for any players.

Dewey
      March 1, 2019 at 11:59 am

I just realized that Chris raised this same issue above on 2/21 and on 2/24 you said you’d take a look at it.

Andrew
    March 1, 2019 at 12:00 pm

Still waiting to find out why I cannot open the sheets

March 1, 2019 at 12:03 pm

I have no idea, man. It’s a link that’s been working for others. Perhaps turn off an ad-blocker or pop-up blocker or something. Unfortunately there’s not anything I can really do to troubleshoot that on my end.

Yaz
    March 1, 2019 at 12:07 pm

Will you be doing your “special blend” of projections again this year?

Andrew
      March 1, 2019 at 12:09 pm

can you send sheet via email possibly?

March 1, 2019 at 12:10 pm

Yup, I had been awaiting the release of the ZiPS projections before I could work on them but I’m going to start work on that this weekend.

David
    March 1, 2019 at 3:09 pm

Thanks for this, Luke! While deleting someone from the the Auction Log I started getting a REF#! and as I add new players it keeps deleting old ones. Happy to send you my file if that’s helpful. When I went to copy my old data into a new sheet to start over it’s not populating. So I’m a little stuck. Thanks!

March 6, 2019 at 11:17 am

I think this should be addressed in the latest version I put out today but let me know if you still have issues.

john
    March 1, 2019 at 6:52 pm

can you add The Bat as a projection source–its on fangraphs?

Paul
    March 1, 2019 at 7:10 pm

I’m trying to input keepers, but every time I switch to a different sheet, the players disappear. I’ve tried auctioning each player to their respective teams, and I can successfully auction one player, but when I try to auction a second player, it makes the first player undrafted again. Only one player total can be drafted for some reason. Any suggestions?

Tom
    March 2, 2019 at 2:39 pm

I’m having trouble loading the roto in OpenOffice. Is there anything I can do on my end to help this? Thanks for any help.

Ryan Steffen
    March 2, 2019 at 2:41 pm

Hi, really love the spreadsheets and appreciate all your hard work. I am trying to enter in keepers, and for some reason when I try to search for Fernando Tatis Jr. in either the Roto Auction or Auction log tabs, I am unable to get him to save and stick on the appropriate team. Any suggestions? Wondering if maybe his player cell is somehow locked in the document? Thanks for your help.

Ryan Steffen
      March 2, 2019 at 3:00 pm

Bo Bichette and Kyle Tucker are other prospect players that I was trying to enter in as keepers and the sheet does not seem to be allowing me to enter them onto rosters like I can for most other players. Any suggestions you have are appreciated. Thanks again.

Ryan Steffen
    March 2, 2019 at 3:37 pm

Another question, I’m curious if CI, MI, or Bench positions could be added to the sheets, so that you can change the default position designate a player for one of those secondary positions from the start? Thanks.

Nick
    March 3, 2019 at 3:44 pm

How does the sheet pull ADP and Rankings from FantasyPros? I noticed that the rankings in the sheet no longer match what is on FantasyPros. I have not figured out the inner workings of the sheet, is this something I can update? Does it automatically pull the data from the website? Thanks!

March 3, 2019 at 4:01 pm

It does not automatically pull from FantasyPros. I release updates to the sheet every so often that have the latest data at that time. You can go to the Credits page to see when those pieces of data were pulled in. There should be a new update coming in the next couple days.

Dom
    March 4, 2019 at 11:05 am

Hey Luke – quick question. When I import my own ADP information, it seems that the “Positions” tab no longer sorts the players based on their WERTH rating, but rather in alphabetical order. It would make it alot easier if there were a way to see by position their WERTH rating on the position tab using imported ADP. Is that a possibility, or once I import my own ADP information it makes the cheatsheet go haywire?

Thanks!

Dom
      March 4, 2019 at 11:23 am

Nevermind – i realized it was because the field i was importing from ADP had a leading space before the names. Once I trimmed those we are all set. Thanks as always for this!

Blake
    March 4, 2019 at 3:06 pm

In the Points CheatSheet do you have an option for Total Bases?

Will M
    March 4, 2019 at 5:47 pm

This is great! Thanks so much!

Where do you get the age data? Is there a convenient birthdate list out there somewhere? Are the ages listed as of opening day or as of the day the spreadsheet was published? (I have an age-gated keeper situation, based on opening day, so a birthdate list would make my life even easier!)

March 4, 2019 at 6:47 pm

Yeah, I calculated age based off of how old they’d be on opening day. SmartFantasyBaseball has an ID Map for players that includes birthdate (https://www.smartfantasybaseball.com/tools/). That’s what I used for the calculations.

Will M
        March 6, 2019 at 3:32 pm

Amazing! Thanks again!

Ryan
    March 4, 2019 at 7:31 pm

Hi Luke,
    I think you may have left off Flipe Vazquez. Doesn’t seem to be showing up in keepers or the players tab

March 4, 2019 at 7:33 pm

Looks like he’s in there under his previous name (Felipe Rivero). I’ll update his name for the next update.

Ryan
        March 4, 2019 at 7:48 pm

Oh, gotcha! Totally forgot about the name change. Thanks!

Will
    March 6, 2019 at 1:18 pm

Hi Luke,

Love the sheet, and I am trying to transfer my information (save/load tab) from the first version (1.01) to the latest, but every time I try to copy and paste the saved data, I receive this error message:

ALERT
    This action won’t work on multiple selections.

It happens if I try and mass paste, or paste a single cell from one workbook to the other. I have Excel for Mac v16.22.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and has anybody found a fix?

Thanks!

Paul
      March 15, 2019 at 4:23 pm

I am also having this issue. I am using Excel for Mac v16.22 also. Have not been able to find a fix.

Paul
        March 15, 2019 at 4:39 pm

***RESOLVED***
        I copied and pasted from Excel to TextEdit, and then copied and pasted from TextEdit to Excel and it worked.

Erik
    March 7, 2019 at 7:45 am

The cheat sheet won’t open on my phone. How do I get access?

Tom
    March 9, 2019 at 1:53 pm

Hi Luke,

I really enjoy and appreciate what you do. I like to use the positions tab to get an overview of what kind of value is left on the board. I also find that the Werth values carry more weight than ADP since they are based on my individual league settings. Would love to be able to have the option to sort this page by Werth values.

Thanks,
    Tom

Charlie
    March 9, 2019 at 9:53 pm

Hello there! Just downloaded your spreadsheet and love everything you have put together! Going into my fantasy draft, this is super appreciated and I certainly plan to donate for all of your incredible work!

I have a newbie question… I downloaded the sheet for a Roto draft and entered in my league’s settings. We have more hitting stats than pitching, so it’s actually an 8×6 league. I wanted to use your special blend since your research showed that it was very successful last year, but I’m confused as to what is what.

When I sort the draft order by “Exp Rank,” is that just sorting the generic ranking from FantasyPros in the “Rankings to show” field on the settings page? And it seems like the projections are based on the “projections to use” tab. Seems self explanatory. I guess where I’m struggling is finding how my custom league stat categories and settings, where is that actually showing in the projections or draft order rankings?

Thanks for you help!

Tony
    March 11, 2019 at 7:53 am

With the points spreadsheet, is it possible to sort the player list in “Your Points Draft” tab by projected points? My league uses custom scoring which has some later picks performing better than the earlier picks. These scenarios are not easily found without having to scroll through the player list. I’d hate to use a third or fourth round pick on someone just to later discover there’s a 9th or 10th round pick who will have comparable or even better points.

March 11, 2019 at 8:27 pm

There’s a box at the top of the sheet that says “Sort By ADP”. If you click on that, you will get a drop-down with other options for sorting.

Sawyer
    March 12, 2019 at 11:12 am

Hey Luke,

I can’t change the league budget in the Roto Auction version. Any idea how to fix it? Big fan!

Ethan
    March 13, 2019 at 10:14 pm

Is there an easy way to edit the Rosters page? I’m in a league with specific outfield positions and in a mock draft I took Cody Bellinger. The cheatsheet slotted him at 1B but based on how the draft when I would have him in CF. I couldn’t change his position to CF and have it repopulate and I was wondering if I could do it some other way. My understanding is this affects the projected standings. Thanks…

Josh
    March 13, 2019 at 11:31 pm

Hey Luike, love thew sheets. Is this supposed to work in Google Sheets. When I go to add a category it gets stuck loading the drop down menu.

March 13, 2019 at 11:47 pm

Hi there, Josh. It’s not built to run in Google Sheets. Sorry about that.

Josh
        March 14, 2019 at 12:08 am

i thought so, thanks

REDBIRDS15
    March 14, 2019 at 9:17 am

Hey Luke – thanks for your work. Is there not a way to compare players AFTER the draft, like on the players tab? It seems like I can only compare undrafted players now that we have drafted.

SS
      March 14, 2019 at 11:46 am

I’m with you Red. I think this would be an awesome addition to the sheet. This way, we could use the sheet all year long when analyzing trades and potential add/drops. For now, I kept a clean sheet on my computer that doesn’t have any draft results in it so I can use it in that capacity. I’d love it if there were a way where we could see as the season goes on how adding or trading for a certain player would affect our team. Like, if I add this power hitter and drop this other guy, who does that affect my team’s overall performance either based on categories or total points (depending on league type.). For now, the blank sheet is sort of doing the trick.

REDBIRDS15
        March 15, 2019 at 10:03 am

Good call on the clean sheet – thanks for the idea.

David
    March 14, 2019 at 11:44 am

Luke, I am having an issue on the “Your Roto Auction” sheet of v1.60 when I try to change “Show Stats” to “Show WERTH Values”. The individual category WERTH Values do not display.

March 14, 2019 at 12:06 pm

Ah good catch, download the v1.61 sheet that I just uploaded a minute ago naand it should fix that issue for ya. Thanks for letting me know!

Anonamoose
    March 14, 2019 at 1:47 pm

Hey Luke, in the new points based spreadsheet, it’s WORLDS different from version 1.55 in regards to projected pitching point totals while using your special blend with steamer replacements. Using the same projections, on the only sheet, it shows Max Scherzer earning a total of 896 projected points and Chris Sale with 847. On the new sheet, it goes to 597 and 577, respectively. That’s a huge swing of 300 points. The v1.55 rankings for pitching seem to be way more accurate for my individual league points settings. I made sure the points settings were the same on both spreadsheets.

Thanks!

March 14, 2019 at 1:56 pm

That’s really odd. I can’t recreate it on my end as I’m getting similar projected points when I compare the two sheets. If you don’t mind, send me an email with copy of both sheets to luke at mrcheatsheet dot com. That may help me see why it’s doing that.

Anonamoose
        March 14, 2019 at 1:58 pm

Will do! Thank you

Tom
    March 14, 2019 at 7:48 pm

Something appears to have broken. I noticed in version 1.60 (same in 1.61) of the Roto Draft sheet that sorting by expert rankings appears to leave out 208 players who end up appended to the end in alphabetical order. It doesn’t matter which rankings I use. Sorting by ADP, Werth, etc. appears to include all players.

March 14, 2019 at 7:55 pm

Thanks. I’m working on the printable tiered cheatsheets tonight but I’ll make note of that for my next chance at bug-fixing.

Tom
        March 15, 2019 at 7:38 pm

Thanks Luke. Kind of a big deal as I assume a lot of folks sort by expert ranking and guys are missing right from the top Trout, Scherzer, Turner, Story and Stanton to name a few. They can be found way down at the bottom.

March 15, 2019 at 8:07 pm

Yeah, looks like it has been that way for a long time. I guess not a lot of people use that particular sort, haha. I re-uploaded v1.61 with that fixed if you redownload it. I didn’t create a new version number since it was just that one minor fix.

Jim
    March 14, 2019 at 9:26 pm

Is there a way for me to copy/move a sheet from a different Excel book to Cheatsheet Points 1.61? I want to add an excel page of our rosters from last year to this year’s workbook but I can’t add it or copy/paste.

Jack Leonard
    March 14, 2019 at 11:24 pm

Luke, are you going to put out the chart you have in the past breaking the players down per the draft rounds they should considered in?

Tom
    March 16, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Hi Luke,

On the Rosters page I like the ability to double click to change a player’s position. Would it be possible to add Bench to that list of positions? We have a numbers of keeper’s that cost us a draft pick so they are getting pre-loaded. Issue is they are populating starting positions when some of them are probably better suited as bench depth.

Thanks,
    Tom

Mike
    March 16, 2019 at 11:49 pm

Hi Luke,
    Any way to provide the auction value to a column in the Your Roto Draft sheet?
    I’m presuming that you already calculate that value in the sheet as the positional rank changes when I update to the custom statistics we use in our league.
    The problem is that there is then no way to sort the seat by overall rank…we just see positional rank and ADP based upon selected source.

Or, baring pulling the auction value in if there was an Overall Rank column that the sheet could be sorted by…again, I presume the Overall Rank would be calculated by Auction Value anyway so hopefully this wouldn’t be too difficult. I tried to do it by creating the auction values in that sheet and then I wanted to insert a column in the draft sheet…but understandably the sheets are locked.

In general, I like using auction values even in snake drafts as it makes it easier to compare values amongst players. Any help is appreciated! Thanks for all you do!

March 17, 2019 at 12:51 am

Hmm. I hadn’t considered that. To be honest, I think it would be too complicated to pull off. There’s a lot of separate sheets and formulas at work in order to calculate the auction values that appear in the Roto Auction sheet. I’d basically have to add them all in to the Draft sheet in order to add that column and it would make it an even bigger sheet as a result. I like the idea but I just am not sure it would be easy to pull off without extra complications.

Mike
        March 17, 2019 at 12:50 pm

Luke — thanks for the consideration. Makes sense due to the complications. In lieu of that, a sort option by Position Adjusted WERTH would be very helpful…in many ways the adjusted WERTH would be a functional approximation of an auction value ranking, right? Sorting by that would then allow for the position scarcity guys (primarily catchers) to be ranked appropriately amongst other players as opposed to being ranked much lower because of their absolute stats.

Bryan Burmeister
          March 22, 2019 at 12:45 pm

I second this suggestion. The auction values are un-needed when you have pos adj WERTH readily available.

Matt Guerra
    March 17, 2019 at 9:49 am

Luke, I can’t thank you enough for this amazing resource. I’m hitting SEND on my Venmo now! 🙂

One question. I’m adding keepers via the Draft tab, but the players entered there aren’t making their way to the Rosters or Projected Standings tabs (even though the team budgets are accurate there). Since I’m horrible on Excel I’m assuming this is something I’m doing wrong. I’d like to get it all squared away in time for my draft next weekend. Any advice?

March 17, 2019 at 10:18 am

That certainly seems strange. If you could, send a copy of your sheet to me my email, which is luke at mrcheatsheet dot com. Hard for me to diagnose what might be missing without looking at the actual sheet!

Matt Guerra
        March 17, 2019 at 10:31 am

Cool. Sending now.

Preston
        March 17, 2019 at 4:52 pm

I am also having the same problem. Even after redownloading and not altering any default settings. It does bring up a circular reference problem after i enter in the 1st player and the team who got him.

March 17, 2019 at 5:02 pm

Got it. Matt’s sheet helped me figure it out. A new update (v1.66) will be up in just a moment.

Casey
    March 17, 2019 at 11:21 pm

Is this not up to date or?

Thanks

March 17, 2019 at 11:23 pm

Auction values are recalculated based on your league settings. The sites typically advertise their values for a certain 12-team league type but not everybody plays that type so the values are recalculated within the sheet to fit your league based on my calculations and your league settings. Sorry for the confusion.

Casey
        March 18, 2019 at 9:01 am

O –

That would make sense. I guess I just dont understand why Ozzie Albies is rated so low. lol

This specific league setting is

NL – 11 team – RBI / AVG / HR / SB

I mean runs are not part of the scoring, but its only 11 teams and he sone of the top at his position for NL only while your spreadsheet / predictions has him still at $30 so I am confused by that value.

Baez is so much higher just seems off some how.

March 18, 2019 at 2:14 pm

Interesting… Yeah, I’d expect him to be higher too… I’ll give a little look into it and see if anything pops up.

BB
    March 18, 2019 at 1:44 pm

Awesome tool, love it. Hoping you can help me with something that is not working right (I don’t think it is user error but who knows):

In the Your Roto Auction tab, I highlight a player, assign the bid to him, and then make the pick by team. However, none of that data is then showing up on the Rosters page or the Team page. But, the money is being deducted on the rosters page. For example, I enter Bryce Harper, $40 to Team 1 and make that pick. It deducts the money from $260 available down to $220 but Bryce Harper’s name does not appear on the Rosters or Teams page. Any advice? Thanks!

March 18, 2019 at 2:07 pm

Just out of curiosity, are you using version 1.65 or earlier? I uploaded a fix yesterday that is version 1.66 and I think it may address that particular issue.

BB
        March 18, 2019 at 4:58 pm

Yep, that worked. I was working off the version I downloaded yesterday, 1.65. Thanks!

Locarno
    March 18, 2019 at 10:51 pm

I just tried a mock draft (10 second clock, restarting with every bid) and I found I was spending too much time clicking “search for player”, then having time to think if I want to bid, then choosing the winning team and typing the winning bid while the next player’s bids are happening. Any tips for being more efficient so as to leave more time to think about whether to bid? Typing in the price and clicking for the team is brutal.

Casey c
      March 18, 2019 at 11:12 pm

Casey c
    March 18, 2019 at 11:17 pm

Two monitors or PC’s

1 For reference and 1 for tracking his taken

Down fall is it won’t update both because it’s not setup in a network environment I don’t think

Pen and paper and wrote down the top (x) or print and scratch them off as they are taken use it only for a reference input who took what later and only your team during the event and have benchmarks you want

Or set values to 0 because inflation doesn’t matter after the draft. It will change for everyone and bidding gets stupid at the end what does matter is playing tiers and how good or bad who’s next

For example if I need a SP and the best out there is Wacha or Desclanfi it doesn’t matter to me what the spreedsheet value is what matters to me during the draft is how much better / worse they are

If I have the money and need Wacha that bad I’m willing to drop $20 to finish my roster etc etc even though he’s worth nothing

It would work better for live auction or increase the bidding time – 10 seconds is a bit ridiculous to begin with between bids if you ask me

Maybe someone has a better idea but that’s mine for online stuff

Joe Sun
    March 19, 2019 at 6:57 am

Hello anyway I can show hitters only on the draft page? We don’t have pitchers in our league.

Thanks
    Joe

Casey C
      March 19, 2019 at 5:51 pm

Just filter it by position and remove pitchers…

Chuck
      March 19, 2019 at 6:21 pm

On your Settings tabs, set the all the pitcher positions to zero.

Delta
    March 19, 2019 at 10:05 am

Hi Luke, I have a very deep auction league with weird keepers/salaries and nearly 1,000 players in the minors. It would be impossible to “draft” each player and assign them a price. What I am really hoping to do is one of two things: upload an excel (from Fantrax) of the available players, or something like right-click and “delete” players from the auction pool. I am not concerned with rosters, teams, projected standings, etc. I want to get the values for the players left in the pool. Any ideas? Thanks

Casey C
      March 19, 2019 at 5:54 pm

Couldnt you just assign the players already taking with 0 value, then add your league settings with inflation or without depending on what youre looking for on those values?

why do you need to upload excel from fantrax? It already has several projection values on the database just as accurate you can use or change between

Also, being in a deep auction league (which I am also) it would be silly to delete them, instead of putting them on teams, so you know if someone needs something. for example if there are 30 OF left buy only 3 teams need OF vs say 5 teams needing SS and only 3 SS starters left its more vital I get the SS if I need one also, then OF

Aaron
    March 19, 2019 at 11:58 pm

How do I change the league settings if the amount of position for players is locked and requires a password? Can’t get passed step 1 lol

March 20, 2019 at 12:02 am

Are you using Excel or another spreadsheet program?

Casey c
      March 20, 2019 at 12:20 am

Not locked. You’re doing something wrong

Sam
    March 20, 2019 at 10:40 am

Just came across your site–thank you! Two questions:
    (1) I am in a H2H points auction league. Should I use the roto auction cheat sheet?
    (2) There are a number of players that will not allow me to draft them (e.g., Jose Leclerc). The cell is grayed in, but they are not assigned to a team. Am I doing something wrong?

March 20, 2019 at 10:42 am

Hi there. I don’t have a sheet specifically for Points Auction leagues at the moment. I’m sorry. I can’t think of why they wouldn’t be getting assigned to a team, so that’s kind of tricky for me to diagnose. It’s only happening to certain players? Everything else is working fine?

Sam
        March 20, 2019 at 10:53 am

It’s only happening with players who are cells are filled in gray–some but not all. Jose Leclerc, Mike Fiers, etc. It’s odd.

March 20, 2019 at 11:03 am

Gotcha. The gray rows are for pitchers. Not sure what’s going on. I’ll let you know if I come up with an idea of what could be the issue.

Kevin
    March 20, 2019 at 11:37 am

I was wondering how to add players that aren’t part of your data base. My league has a lot of minor league players as keepers that I can’t enter. Is there a password to unlock the sheet so i can do it manually?

March 20, 2019 at 11:41 am

You can choose Unlisted Player at the bottom of the player list on the main draft page.

Mike
        March 29, 2019 at 10:44 am

When I click on the Unlisted Player 1, I’m unable to edit it as it says it’s protected. Is there any other way to add players/projections to the sheet? Thanks!

KEVIN
    March 20, 2019 at 11:53 am

When I click on “Unlisted Player 1”, nothing shows up in the Player Auctioned cell on top of sheet. If I try and rename the Unlisted Player cell, I get the error message that the sheet is protected and i need a password to unlock. I’m using v1.66. Thanks for your help.

March 20, 2019 at 11:54 am

Thanks, I’ll take a look at it. I may have something off in there.

KEVIN
        March 21, 2019 at 10:27 am

I’m using the roto auction cheatsheet. On the “Your Roto Auction” sheet, once you get passed row 663, names don’t show up in the “player auctioned” cell.

Paul
    March 20, 2019 at 1:37 pm

Will each new version include an updated ADP (as seen on the Credits tab)? For instance, I have v1.65 and it still shows 13-Mar projections and rankings. Or with each version the change in projections and ADP is not substantial enough?

Patrick Szalapski
    March 20, 2019 at 1:55 pm

If my goal is to generally bid on players that I’m not specifically targeting if I can get them at 80% of their value and below, why shouldn’t I set “Additional Inflation” to -20% and use that as my general valuation, rather than starting at 0 and then mentally calculating a 20% discount for each and every player? Am I missing something?

Samuel Rifkin
    March 20, 2019 at 6:59 pm

Man I would love an Auction Points spreadsheet. Is there any chance it’s out before Sunday March 24th?

Dave P.
    March 21, 2019 at 5:01 pm

Hey there, thanks so much for this. Is there a way to add OBA stat for pitchers?

Justin
    March 21, 2019 at 11:29 pm

Any progress on being able to sort by Pos Adj WERTH? This tool is super useful and would be even more so with that functionality.

jack
    March 22, 2019 at 1:19 am

Great Job on the sheets and thanks a lot.

Doesn’t seem like anyone else is having this problem, but been trying for the past hour and am unable to transfer my settings & notes from v1.55 to v1.66.
    After I paste it, none of the sheets are updated (note, i’m using Excel 2011 on Mac).
    Is there something I’m doing wrong?

jack
    March 22, 2019 at 1:28 am

Great Job on the sheets and thanks a lot.

Is there something I’m doing wrong?

Ray Woeller
    March 22, 2019 at 7:50 am

I have a question with v1.66 of auction spreadsheet. I am entering keepers but it doesnt seem to show players in the CI or MI positions. It keeps track of dollars and counts the player in totals but they dont show on rosters.

March 22, 2019 at 11:48 am

Email me a copy of your sheet to luke at mrcheatsheet dot com.

Matt
    March 22, 2019 at 11:42 am

Hi, I’m getting a roster glitch. I have Votto at 1B and subsequently draft Carlos Santana. I then see Santana at 1B on the roster grid and Votto disappears rather than being reassigned to DH or even to the bench. I tried changing Santana’s position to DH and then redrafting him to force him into that, but then he does not appear in the roster grid at all. As the draft progresses, OF are pushed into the DH slot but one of Votto or Santana remain hidden.

March 22, 2019 at 11:47 am

Email me a copy of your sheet to luke at mrcheatsheet dot com.

Matt
      March 22, 2019 at 11:48 am

I was able to work around this by making Santana an OF. It then pushes an OF to DH. So the correct foursome is occupying those slots, just incorrectly 😉

Matt
        March 22, 2019 at 11:54 am

Okay. Sent. Thanks so much for this great resource and your prompt offer to help!

Kevin J Kolis
    March 25, 2019 at 10:49 am

On the positions tab, Is there anyway to get players to populate for multiple positions? Thanks Luke.

Kevin J Kolis
      March 26, 2019 at 11:26 am

I think this can be easily done with some VBA code but it’s password protected. I wanted to try to modify the Change pos option to select multiple positions but I don’t know if it will break anything.

KEVIN
    March 26, 2019 at 9:59 am

Are you able to provide the password to unlock the sheet? I can’t change names for the “Unlisted Player” slots.

Ryan Dowling
    March 29, 2019 at 10:05 pm

What is the password to unlock the sheet

March 29, 2019 at 10:11 pm

You don’t need to unlock the spreadsheet to use it. Is there something you’re trying to do that isn’t working?

Eric Dilworth
    March 29, 2019 at 11:30 pm

Why does Kopech not appear at all in the spreadsheet? In my league he counts as a roster spot but because he was called up last year. I cannot put him in manually either or at least not that i know of

March 29, 2019 at 11:34 pm

You can choose Unlisted Player to keep your draft/auction moving as normal.

Daniel
    July 7, 2019 at 5:07 pm

I’m using the points draft cheatsheet. We re-draft mid season, so I used your import (projections) tab to load ROS data. It worked like a charm except for some reason, on the “Your Points Draft” tab no projected points are being calculated for Relief Pitchers. Projected points for all other positions, including SP work fine. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the great work 🙂

Spencer Ryan
    August 20, 2019 at 4:25 pm

I am a huge fan of what you have done here, as all of my fantasy baseball efforts spreadsheets are far less useful than yours. When messing around with the auction sheet with the preseason projections, I noticed a couple of things. The inflation rate for hitters starts at 1.02 instead of at 1.00. The imported auction values don’t seem to actually affect the projected values column. It would be nice to be able to show 2 decimal places for the dollar values for slightly more accurate bargain hunting (changing the formatting to have more decimal places always added exclusively 0s). Also, it seems incredibly difficult to do any kind of value based drafting when the values for the top stars are so incredibly sky high (ie. Trout and Betts being roughly $15 more than the site values). Would it be possible to add a column for SGP values, and a place to dump the denominators in the settings. While I agree than z-scores is mathematically more sound and is better for general player comparison, being this far off the others in your league makes the $ values nearly worthless. Being correct about the true $ value does not help if you see massive bargains at the top, and then run out of money after 5 or 6 stars. Forcing stars and scrubs is not always an amazing plan. By having the option to have SGP, this also prevents me from having to come up with more reasonable auction values by making a separate spreadsheet to calculate $ values and then paste them all in.