A few weeks back, the first version of the fantasy baseball cheatsheets were released into the ether. There have been a number of minor requests, bug fixes, and ideas that the community has suggested since that time. There were also a couple big free agent signings since that time. Like, hey, I heard that Bryce Harper guy signed with a team! Needless to say, it’s time for an update to the 2019 sheets.
If you are completely unfamiliar with the cheatsheets themselves, it may be more helpful to read over the post about their initial release first. For the initiated, let’s talk about what’s new in this version.
What’s New In Version 1.50?
In this iteration of the cheatsheets, there are a number of normal data updates but I also addressed some suggestions that people made in the comments. Here are the new things that you will find in the sheets as you open them up:
Updated in all three versions
- ZiPS projections are now in the sheet
- The first draft of my Special Blend projections are in the sheet. I’m saying “first draft” because I plan to tweak some things with these in the days ahead that may result in them changing a bit. I’ll be posting the “official” version to the site when that process is done. For the moment, the projections are using the weighting system from last year.
- Yahoo ADP is now in the draft sheets
- All ADP, projections, rankings and auction data that were already in the sheet are updated
- From this update on, Player Notes will be able to be carried over in Save/Load
- You can now enter custom Note Types on the Player Notes page instead of choosing from a list
- Players that have signed to teams are now on their new teams
- Player notes about injuries have been added in
- For roto leagues, three pitching categories were added in (BAA, Games Finished, IP-ER)
- Various bug fixes and tweaks
Updated in Roto Auction sheet
- A team’s total initial value is now visible on the Teams page
- On the settings page, you can choose to do a global inflation amount for your league. If you feel the projected values are too high or low for how your auctions go, this will allow you to adjust the amounts across-the-board
Updated in Points Draft sheet
- Added a player’s ranking in projected points as a column to the Draft page
I still have a number of updates in mind but this version should address most of the big things that have come up in the comments over the past few weeks.
Which Data Am I Pulling In?
In addition to what was mentioned above, you have lots of options when it comes to data in these spreadsheets. Here’s the updated list of the different sources of information you can find inside:
- Projections Sources: Steamer, Fangraphs, Clay Davenport, ZiPS, Mr. Cheatsheet’s Special Blend
- Average Draft Position Sources: FantasyPros, CBS, ESPN, Yahoo, Fantrax, NFBC
- Auction Values Sources: FantasyPros, CBS, ESPN, Yahoo, RotoChamp
- Expert Rankings Sources: FantasyPros, Yahoo, ESPN, RotoChamp
Download Your 2019 Cheatsheet
The cheatsheets come in three different flavors. There’s a draft and auction version of the cheatsheet for roto leagues (this includes head-to-head category leagues) and there’s a version for points-based head-to-head league drafts.
Download the cheatsheet for your rotisserie standard draft leagues
(Current Version: 1.75 uploaded on March 27 at 6:45 PM EST)
Download the cheatsheet for your rotisserie auction draft leagues
(Current Version: 1.75 uploaded on March 29 at 10:30 AM EST)
Download the cheatsheet for your points-based league drafts
(Current Version: 1.75 uploaded on March 29 at 11:00 AM EST)
My hope is that these should be operating flawlessly but, of course, you may notice strange things in the sheets as you use them. Let me know about these bugs that you find and I’ll perform minor updates on the sheets to fix them as needed. You can keep track of these smaller spreadsheet updates by following me on Twitter where I post about any minor updates that may happen. Also, pay attention to the “current version” above to see when I may have uploaded the latest fix.
As new cheatsheet updates are released, you’ll want to utilize the Save Or Load page in the cheatsheet to copy and paste your custom data into new updates. Your player notes from the previous version will not carry over in the save/load process but they will carry over to future versions now. Also, any current player notes in the sheet may be erased during the save/load process due to this update. Let me know if you have questions about that.
If you’re appreciative of my work, feel free to punch one of the buttons below to donate.