2021 Fantasy Baseball Cheatsheets | Roto or Points Drafts & Auctions

Twelve years. That’s how long I’ve been publishing fancy Excel spreadsheets that help fantasy baseball owners like yourself. The wonderful part of doing this has been listening to your ideas each year about enhancing the power of these sheets for your drafts. There are times when the ideas seem impossible to implement because of the limitations of the Excel, but I get a real thrill out of trying to use my skills to make the cheatsheets better and better.

The changes made this year are ones that I’m the most proud of from my twelve years of doing this. You’ve likely had success in your fantasy baseball leagues with these sheets in the past but this year’s version will make you even more able to dominate your draft.

If you’ve used the sheets before, I’ll talk about the cool changes for this year first and then I’ll explain the basics of the cheatsheets for any newbies who are finding these for the first time too.

Let’s win some fantasy leagues, y’all.

What’s New In 2021?

You may have noticed that these cheatsheets came out later than usual this year. That is because I took on one of my bigger challenges ever with the sheets. The changes may seem minor on the surface but it basically involved rethinking the entire foundation of the sheet and how it works behind the scenes.

Quite honestly, I could release the same exact version of the cheatsheets each year and everyone would be happy, but I like to make these better every year so that you all have great draft experiences with it. That’s why I try to tackle big changes like this every year or two.

This year’s big change? The sheets now can automatically handle multi-position eligibility for all players. You can input your league requirements for position eligibility and then players will now be eligible at all of the positions they should be. From there, as you draft players, the sheets will automatically determine where to put players on each roster based on prioritizing filling the weakest positions with the best players first.

You no longer have to try to manually change player positions to make rosters work. It’s finally all handled automatically. I’m so very excited about this as this literally took weeks of drawing out the process on paper before trying it out. From there, it took more weeks of getting it implemented in the sheets. Then, I sadly had to change it all after I forgot that the sheets need to be compatible with older versions of Excel so I needed to alter formulas to work in all versions of Excel without issues. With the help of volunteer beta testers from Twitter, it all got ironed out. What a relief it is.

In addition to that, due to the increase in size of the sheets, I made a bunch of alterations behind-the-scenes to hopefully keep them from running too slow.

Outside of that, I put in a way to handle a two-way player like Shohei Ohtani. This initial version of the cheatsheet allows you to say whether he counts as a pitcher, hitter, or both in your league. In the next update this year, I plan to add a way to split him into two separate players as well.

Outside of that, the changes this year are mostly behind-the-scenes functionality but the multi-position eligibility and addition of The Ohtani Rules should hopefully be big enough for y’all.

What Makes These Cheatsheets Special?

Fantasy baseball is the most complex fantasy sport. There are rotisserie leagues and points-based leagues and every one is different. There are auctions. There are drafts. There are keeper leagues of all forms.

Basically, there is not one type of fantasy baseball league. These cheatsheets are special because they handle nearly any type of league you throw at it.

From there, the sheet allows you to completely run your draft from within it and see estimations for how valuable each player is in your league type. It also will keep you updated on how each of the owners in your league is doing in their drafts so you know how to alter your strategy as you go.

What Info Is In The Sheet?

Once you open up the sheet, you get the choice of which data you want to use at any given time. I will provide more information about these options in later posts this preseason but you can use info from any of these sources in your sheet:

• Projections Sources: Steamer, The BAT, ZiPS, Clay Davenport, Mr. Cheatsheet’s Special Blend
  • Average Draft Position Sources: FantasyPros, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, NFBC
  • Auction Values Sources: FantasyPros, CBS, ESPN, Yahoo, RotoChamp
  • Expert Rankings Sources: FantasyPros, Yahoo, ESPN, RotoChamp

What are WERTH Values?

If you’re playing in a roto league, you may notice that these cheatsheets have a WERTH value for each player. These are essentially z-scores in each roto category based on your league setting, which shows you how far above or below average each player is in comparison to the replacement level for your league. A positive WERTH value in a category for a player means that they will perform better than the replacement level in that category for you. This is all dependent on your league settings but that is where the cheatsheets show their power by doing all of the calculations for you.

Download Your 2021 Cheatsheet

I know that you’re just reading this post because you want to get to the good Excel spreadsheet goodness. Heck, you may have immediately scrolled past everything else to get to the downloads. I get it. I do it too. Let’s get to it…

Roto Leagues

If you play in a rotisserie league or a H2H categories league, you’ll want to download one of the roto cheatsheets below. You can choose the draft version if you have a typical fantasy draft for your league and that is found by clicking on the button below.

Download the cheatsheet for your rotisserie standard draft league
Current version: 1.61
Current version uploaded on March 27 at 3:30 PM EST

If your roto league conducts an auction instead of a straight draft, you can download the auction version below.

Download the cheatsheet for your rotisserie auction draft league
Current version: 1.61
Current version uploaded on March 27 at 3:30 PM EST

Points Leagues

If you don’t play in a rotisserie league, you likely play in a points-based H2H league that scores a bit like fantasy football where players are awarded points for each stat they accrue based on your scoring system. If you are in a Points league, you likely will be downloading the Points Draft sheet below.

Download the cheatsheet for your points-based league draft
Current version: 1.63
Current version uploaded on March 27 at 3:30 PM EST

However, you might be in an auction-based draft for your points league and, if so, this fourth option below is the sheet for you.

Download the cheatsheet for your points-based auction draft league
Current version: 1.61
Current version uploaded on March 27 at 3:30 PM EST

Troubleshooting

The instructions within the cheatsheet should help answer most questions. I also added a button to push on the Instructions page of the sheet this year if you are experiencing an issue where data isn’t updating.

An issue that I’ve encountered in my own testing on very rare occasions involves buttons disappearing in the sheets. If that happens to you, just save the sheet then close it and re-open it. I’ve found that resolves it.

If you encounter any issues or have ideas for how to make the sheets better this year or in the future, hit this button below to fill out a form and submit an official request:

This button will take you to a Google Form to submit an official request.

Outside of that, there will likely be minor bugs and fixes I do during the month ahead. You can keep track of the spreadsheet updates by following me on Twitter where I will post about any minor updates that may happen.

As new cheatsheet updates are released, you’ll want to utilize the “Save Or Load” page in the cheatsheet to copy and paste that data into new updates.

Why Are These Free???

There are many talented people who offer fantasy draft sources for a fee. You could argue that I put too much work into these cheatsheets to keep them free after twelve years of doing this, and you’re not wrong.

Look, everyone has different circumstances in life. Some people can barely pay their rent but they get joy out of playing in their small fantasy league. I’ve been there. I get it. They should still have the ability to use my cheatsheets to do well in that league that brings them joy. Other people are extremely well-off and play in big money leagues. In their case, maybe they use my sheets and give me a little tip for my work.

I like doing that sort of system because I approach this all from a point of love and care for my fellow fantasy baseball friends. Have fun. Enjoy the sheets for free if that is where you are at in life. If you enjoy the sheets and are comfortable doing so, I do appreciate donations so much as they help pay for the site and motivate me to keep this going year after year.

Donation Options

You can tip me via Venmo!
Or PayPal!
I’m also trying out a new service where you can use whatever payment you want to buy me my next coffee.

Demos and Drafts on Twitch?

I run a Twitch channel where I play an NCAA Football 14 series (I also have a newsletter associated with that series that you can read here if you’re interested).

I bring that up because I’ve grown to love Twitch and I think it would be cool to run through the cheatsheets with you all on there and maybe do a few of my drafts live on Twitch this month.

Let me know in the comments if you’d have any interest in that! This is a link to my Twitch channel.

Before COVID-19 rocked our worlds last year, I had said “we made it to 2020, y’all!” in my cheatsheet post at the time. It seems almost ominous to read that now. I’ll just say I’m happy that year is over and that we can enjoy a full season of baseball this year.

Enjoy the cheatsheets and let me know your thoughts about them in the comments!

You Might Also Like

197 Comments

Puppet
    March 7, 2021 at 11:24 am

I’d love to watch demos and drafts on twitch if for no other reason than I be dumb and understand things better when I can see it done properly.

March 8, 2021 at 10:42 pm

Awesome! Yeah, I may end up doing that. I’ll likely make a post about it or announce it on Twitter if so.

Wah Chan
    March 7, 2021 at 11:42 am

Thank you and thank you again!!!

JO
    March 7, 2021 at 5:37 pm

Projected Standings team 3 $available not working

March 8, 2021 at 10:48 pm

Sorry, not able to recreate that error on my end…

March 8, 2021 at 10:53 pm

Nevermind. I see you’re talking about Points Auction. It’s hard for me to know where to look in cases like that so I spent a while testing the Roto Auction sheet since I had thought that’s what you meant. My bad. I’ll fix that in the next updates.

Bernardo
    March 7, 2021 at 8:18 pm

It’d be great to watch a demo of a draft to better understand how to use the file in live draft.

March 8, 2021 at 10:48 pm

Nice, I’ll post about it if I end up doing it!

JRTHOMASJR
        March 19, 2021 at 12:53 pm

Agree with Bernardo. Would love to see you using this in a mock draft!

Josh
    March 8, 2021 at 10:23 am

Is there a way to change position eligibility? I’ve looked around on the sheets quite a bit and haven’t found a way to do it. I assume I’m just missing something…

Thanks for your continued hard work every year!

Josh
      March 8, 2021 at 10:34 am

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Nick
        March 9, 2021 at 12:37 pm

I’m having the same issue, what was your solution? Thanks!

March 9, 2021 at 12:40 pm

On the Settings page, you can set the Position Eligibility rules. You should see the options within the right-hand column there.

• Nick
            March 9, 2021 at 8:14 pm

Oh yeah, I knew about that. Is there a way to manually force a position? Like Manny Machado at SS? This is mostly to address the weird Yahoo eligibility rules for this year.

• Luke Gloeckner
            March 9, 2021 at 8:24 pm

Not yet. In the work I did to get multi-position eligibility up-and-running properly, I took out any manual position overrides. I’ll look into adding that into the next update I do.

• Stephen
            March 23, 2021 at 4:25 pm

Luke – this is amazing work. I wanted to follow up on the Yahoo Position Eligibility compatibility. I can imagine this would be a tricky thing to account for, so understand if it’s not something that can get worked in soon.

• Luke Gloeckner
            March 23, 2021 at 4:33 pm

Hi Stephen. In any version starting with 1.5, there is a column on the Players Note page to add a new position to a player. This will help for those situations where Yahoo has them eligible at old positions.

• Stephen
            March 24, 2021 at 9:23 am

@Luke – thanks for the note about the Players Note page, however it looks like the “Other Elig Pos” column is locked down and I can’t edit it. Any advice?

• Luke Gloeckner
            March 24, 2021 at 9:31 am

Correct. The column to add a position is the Add New Pos column. Click in there and a drop-down will appear to add an additional position to a player.

• Stephen
            March 24, 2021 at 9:33 am

:facepalm: thanks… ha

Joey
    March 9, 2021 at 12:51 am

Not sure why SS auction values are low when using Steamer projections. Xander valued at $15 in AL only? $23 when using Special Blend and the projections are very similar. Also, noticed a lot of players not listed in the player tab when you go to compare players. Thank you for the continued work!

March 9, 2021 at 12:58 am

Hard to say without knowing what settings you’re using. When I do AL-Only and look at it, Xander’s projected value is above $30. The site values will be different and depend on which site you selected on the Settings page. If that’s what you’re looking at then maybe change that value. And, yeah, the only players that show in the Player page are those that aren’t kept or drafted already. I can change that functionality if that confuses people though.

Joey
        March 9, 2021 at 10:00 pm

Very strange Luke. It seems like it’s only the SS’s value that is off. I simply click on Steamer projections and the value of SS’s (AL only) reads: Fletcher $16, Torres $15, Bogaerts $15, Bichette $15……Click on Special Blend projections and I get: Bogaerts $23, Torres $21, Bichette $19, Anderson $15. Every other position seems to be in line. Not sure what is wrong. What value are you referring to to change? And not sure why every other position value seems to be “in line” except for SS.

March 9, 2021 at 10:02 pm

Since I can’t recreate it, send me the cheatsheet with your issue and I’ll take a look at it when I’m able to. My email is luke at mrcheatsheet dot com.

March 15, 2021 at 8:49 pm

Hey Joey. Did you send me an email with the file that has the issue you were having? I vaguely recall you sending that but I’m unable to find the email and wanted to see if I could find a fix for it before my next update is released.

Iván Céspedes
    March 9, 2021 at 10:11 am

Drafted DHs are slotted on the Bench, instead of the DH spot by default (I have not been able to fix it on my end), therefore causing Projected Standings to be inaccurate (it only accounts for Starters).

March 9, 2021 at 12:41 pm

Oh interesting, I’ll check it out for when I’m doing my next update. To help me out, which sheet are you seeing that happen in?

Iván Céspedes
        March 9, 2021 at 12:43 pm

2021 Points Draft Cheatsheet 1.00

By the way, you rock! This stuff is incredible!

Greetings from Costa Rica!

March 12, 2021 at 12:11 pm

Iván, I forgot to reply to let you know but I uploaded a 1.01 version of the Points Draft sheet the other night which addressed that exact issue! So glad the sheets are serving you well in Costa Rica!

• Iván
            March 12, 2021 at 12:17 pm

Thank you, Luke, you rock!

Warren
    March 9, 2021 at 6:29 pm

Hey Luke, absolutely love these sheets, thank you so much for putting them together every year!

I was wondering, is it possible to display the “Proj Val with Draft Inflation” (seen on the Your Roto Auction” sheet) on the “Positions” sheet as well? I’m super visual and it would be really helpful to see the values there update while the draft is happening. Totally understand if that’s way too much work and it’s not doable, just wanted to check.

Thanks again!
    -Warren

March 9, 2021 at 6:38 pm

I’ll look into it. Maybe I’ll add an option on that page to choose which value you want to see there.

JJ
        March 17, 2021 at 12:40 pm

This would be super great. Option to use Total Werth OR Pos Adj Werth on that sheet would also be a nice little addition.
        Thanks!

March 17, 2021 at 12:52 pm

I will be releasing an updated version soon. It uses the draft inflation auction value, but I haven’t yet added an ability to choose what to display yet. It’s on my list as a future idea though.

Nick
    March 9, 2021 at 8:34 pm

Just encountered a problem where players not all players are being distributed to rosters. I entered keepers on the Draft Log but in some instances they don’t show up on rosters. I’ve only seen it with SP.
    PS: My draft is on Sunday…

March 9, 2021 at 8:35 pm

Which sheet? Roto Draft? Points Draft? Did you enter them on the Draft Log instead of the Keepers tab because they were kept in a certain round? I just need more info to try to replicate it as I haven’t seen that behavior yet.

Nick
        March 9, 2021 at 8:46 pm

Yep, more info is always good. I entered them on the Draft Log because they are a certain round, yes. Roto sheet. It’s not consistent, some teams got all the players, some didn’t. I cannot pinpoint what the difference might be.

Nick
        March 9, 2021 at 8:53 pm

Here’s an example, a team has Scherzer, Woodruff, Carrasco, Lamet, all entered on Draft Log. Only Carrasco and Lamet show on the Rosters and Teams tabs. But the stats seem to include Scherzer and Woodruff if looking at the Projected Standings. If I remove Carrasco, Scherzer pops into the Rosters and Teams tabs. I did try the Fix the Cheatsheet button with no change.

March 9, 2021 at 8:57 pm

That’ll be too hard for me to take the time to replicate so can you just email me the sheet? My email is luke at mrcheatsheet dot com. I’ll check it out when I get a chance.

Steve Jones
    March 11, 2021 at 10:15 am

Does the number of rounds in the draft make any difference in the calculation of player value? I don’t see anywhere to input that information

Nate
    March 11, 2021 at 11:59 am

Hi Luke, Thanks for all you do. One small glitch I’ve noticed on the Points / Auction draft. I’ve entered in several keepers in my 10 person league, and have our budget set to $260. But, the team in the third slot is defaulting to a budge of $400 (he’s spent $40 so far, and shows $360 remaining). Not a huge deal, but assume it could be skewing values a little if it’s assuming there’s more $$ to be spent in the draft.

My Roto / Auction (12 team) does not have the same issue.

Thanks again!

Nate
      March 11, 2021 at 12:23 pm

(and, simple solution for me … I just increased one of his bids by $140)

Greg Sundquist
    March 11, 2021 at 11:59 am

Where do I find the “Odds Currently Available” information? I don’t see that anywhere on the “Your Roto Draft” sheet.

March 12, 2021 at 11:03 am

I think part of the column title may be hidden at the moment but it’s next to ADP and should say Odds Avail or something likely that. I’ll make that column a bit wider in the next update so it is more obvious what it is.

Rick
    March 11, 2021 at 11:39 pm

Thanks for such an awesome cheatsheet! I came across your site last year but our league canceled the season when everything hit the fan. Some feedback for the next update would be to allow us to identify prospects easier. I understand the player notes tab can be used for this but would love to see something we are filter on. Another suggestion would be allowing us to customize the sheets by changing the fonts and color scheme. I’m a die hard White Sox fan, and it would be neat to customize fill colors and fonts throughout the workbooks. Appreciate all the effort!

Kevin Dougherty
    March 12, 2021 at 10:55 am

Work is great. Thank you

The projected stats are not showing for the roto auction cheat sheet. It only shows numbers between -3 and 3. Looks good on other cheat sheets for me from same device.

Thanks again

Kevin Dougherty
      March 12, 2021 at 11:01 am

Ignore my comment. Total user error. Thank you.

March 12, 2021 at 11:02 am

Okay, cool, I figured it was either you were looking at the WERTH values or that I had misaligned a reference there. Glad it worked out!

Jack Allen
    March 12, 2021 at 12:02 pm

Hey Luke! Awesome looking spread sheet. Unfortunately it is not letting me access it without a password :/

March 12, 2021 at 12:05 pm

Thanks Jack. What do you mean that it’s not letting you access it? You’re trying to download the sheet but are unable to do so? Or are you using the sheet but it is preventing you from doing a particular thing without a password? I guess, could you provide more info about what happened and when the issue occurred?

Matt L
    March 12, 2021 at 1:42 pm

Every time I try to enter keepers (I have tried both the auction log and the Roto auction tab) it deletes my entries when I switch tabs. Tried reopening, refreshing, etc. with no luck. Using Excel for Mac. Thanks,

March 12, 2021 at 1:49 pm

Off the top of my head, my guess is that it is erasing them because you left the Winning Bid field blank and it is confusing the sheet? Were these players kept without affecting team budgets? Absolutely free keepers?

Or is that not what you were doing when you saw the issue?

Matt L
    March 12, 2021 at 1:51 pm

that may have something to do with it. I input our budgets post-keepers, so I have been entering the keepers without putting in a bid.

March 12, 2021 at 1:54 pm

Yeah, that’s my guess off the top of my head. I forget why the sheet hates when there’s a $0 or no value for a bought player but I know it will reject them. I’ll look into that at some point.

Matt L
      March 12, 2021 at 2:42 pm

Fixed. Thanks!

Ethan
    March 12, 2021 at 4:53 pm

Do you find more success drafting based on absolute WERTH or Pos. ADJ WERTH? Trying to decide how to organize my draft board and I’m always in my head about this as I watch catcher after catcher get drafted.

Thanks all. Happy full season (hopefully!)

Mike
    March 12, 2021 at 7:21 pm

This is awesome!

I can’t believe I hadn’t discovered your sheets before!! So excited to use them in my upcoming drafts.

QQ: Would you make any particular adjustment for a H2H category draft?? Or just go with the Roto setup.
    Also, if I wanted to punt a category, say SBs, should I delete it from the category list?? Or would that mess everything up.

Appreciate your hard work.

Matt
    March 14, 2021 at 9:06 am

Thanks for doing these again this year, they make these few weeks of the year my favorite. I probably use the positions tab the most and I like to highlight players to help me see who I have already and who I’m targeting later on. Any chance you can make highlighting an exception to the locked features?

Brendan
    March 14, 2021 at 2:08 pm

Hey these are amazing. My only question is–how frequently is the input data forming the basis of the projections updated? I ask because we are into spring training now and folks are getting injured and such, and on the 2021 Roto Auction Cheatsheet I just downloaded it seems to say that the projections were last pulled in on March 5 (which is not too long ago, but as draft season kicks into gear just want to use values that are as updated as possible). Thanks, and again, this is amazing!

March 14, 2021 at 2:12 pm

Yup, I usually release data updates at least once a week. I’m in the midst of a more major update with bug fixes and feature additions and that’s why I haven’t released an update yet. If you come back here tomorrow though, you should see a newer version and newer “last updated” date under each of those cheatsheet options.

Joe
    March 14, 2021 at 4:12 pm

This is a really awesome tool. I do have a couple questions about holds in the Roto Draft version. One of my scoring categories is Sv + Hld. But if I want to import projections, there’s no column for holds. Is there a way to import Holds so that all the fun calculations done by the workbook can include that info?

Also, if I set Sv + Hld as a scoring category (or just Holds), each player’s projected stats for those categories do populate in the Your Roto Draft tab, but neither Sv + Hld nor Holds appear in the Players tab if I want to compare two players. Is there a way to have those categories appear on the Players tab?

March 14, 2021 at 4:17 pm

Since most projection systems don’t include Holds (and a few other categories), I have that calculated independently using a combination of the few sources that did offer a projection for it. So, if you import projections, there would still be Holds calculated behind-the-scenes for each player.

Joe
        March 14, 2021 at 4:21 pm

Gotcha. Thanks for the quick reply!

Jake
    March 14, 2021 at 11:23 pm

I’m really excited to use this tool. Thanks for all your hard work. Downloaded the 2021 roto cheat sheet 1.0. Will not let me import my own projections. Says I need to unprotect the sheet first.

March 14, 2021 at 11:27 pm

I’ll check it out. It may be because you were pasting data into columns there that were protected but I’m not sure. I’ll have to give it a look as I had heard of other people successfully importing projections so I’m not sure what could be causing your issue off the top of my head! Regardless, there will be an update released tomorrow (hopefully) that may fix any issues you encounter.

Scott Haskenhoff
    March 15, 2021 at 1:09 pm

First off your sheet has won me several titles and I’d be lost without it, it’s amazing. I’m having issues on the Points spreadsheet with the DH. I rely heavily on the PAR rankings and when I sort by that, the DH spots dominate the top of the rankings. I understand that for true DH’s like Stanton and Alvarez but guys like JD Martinez and Soler, who are OF eligible in my league are being put as primary DH and are actually ranked higher than Soto and Acuna. Is there a way that you could level off these numbers so that I can see the true PAR for the DHs? Again your sheets rock

March 15, 2021 at 1:35 pm

Thanks, I’m glad the sheets have helped you. That’s always nice to hear. I’m aware of the DH issue and will be correcting it in the upcoming update.

Tim
    March 15, 2021 at 3:41 pm

In case no one else has reportedi it, in the Roto 1.0 Version, Ross Stripling is appearing in the NL, while I do not see Tommy La Stella (SFG).

March 15, 2021 at 3:43 pm

Thanks. I think I got the issue of Stripling being on the wrong team and a couple of others but don’t think I had heard about La Stella.

Dylan
    March 15, 2021 at 4:37 pm

My league uses .50 cent bid increments and I’m noticing under the projected standing tabs the max bid amount is incorrect. Is the sheet not able to adjust for that? I’m using the roto auction version. Also, is there a way to add a player not in the cheatsheet? Mainly some prospects that I’m looking at.

March 15, 2021 at 4:40 pm

I’m going to try to add a way to change the bid increments as I’m not sure how it is handling circumstances like that at the moment. I hope to have another update out in a day or so and have that in there.

You can choose Unlisted Player at the bottom of the player list if someone picked is not in the sheet.

Mark Smoyer
        March 27, 2021 at 9:45 am

Luke — What are the steps to have an Unlisted Player appear on the right team at the right position and cost? So far, I have selected the player in the Auction tab and assigned him a team and price. He appears on the Auction Log. But that’s as far as I can figure out. Thank you. I am just discovering this and am grateful!

John Cook
    March 16, 2021 at 1:58 am

Thanks for all your work on this. It’s so cool. In my test runs, It takes a few seconds for each pick to load during the draft. I had it on auto save. I thought that if I save it just when I’m caught up loading picks that it would go quicker. I took it off auto save and it still takes the same amount of time for each pick. I think my processor is pretty strong. Do you know how the picks could be speedier so I can keep up with the draft. Thanks!

March 16, 2021 at 1:20 pm

There are a ton of factors that contribute to how speedy it will run. The first pick always takes the longest to process because it does a lot of work behind the scenes to indicate that the draft has “started”. After that, the picks should be faster. But, yes, it will depend on your hardware and your version of Excel. I’m not sure of any particular tips or settings to change within Excel to make it run faster for all. If you find any, I’ll be happy to share with everyone. It’s hard for me to test speed tweaks because it does run almost instantaneous on my end but I’m operating from an ideal setup as far as hardware and latest Excel version. I’ll report back if I hear anything though.

Matt
    March 16, 2021 at 1:16 pm

I’m up to rd 15 in a slow draft and I selected a SP and it overwrote one of the SPs I took earlier instead of putting the new player into a bench slot. I’m counting up other teams players and they have less players than rounds we’ve done. I can send you screenshots if this isn’t making sense. Sorry if this has been reported already.

March 16, 2021 at 1:18 pm

No worries. I am indeed aware of that issue and it will be fixed in the forthcoming update that I hope to have on the site soon.

Brett Daniel Barry
    March 16, 2021 at 1:52 pm

Is there a reason Brandon Nimmo is showing up at 2B for Roto Auction spreadsheet download?

March 16, 2021 at 2:01 pm

It’s an error. It’ll be fixed in the update that I hope to have released soon.

Guy
    March 16, 2021 at 7:36 pm

Awesome stuff. For auctions, how does the bench work/how do you think about bench spots in a league with daily lineup setting? Hitters may sit sometimes, but pitchers should always be active when they pitch. Do you absorb bench spots into the starting numbers? Values seem top-heavy with the literal bench numbers, but maybe that’s just me. Side note, I’m guessing you don’t use ATC because it’s already an aggregation?

Greg Sundquist
    March 17, 2021 at 11:48 am

Your spreadsheet is awesome for draft prep. As I have gone through the hitters I have been able to add notes and highlight the players with the green, red, yellow or black. I was able to update all of the hitters, but I seem to be unable to highlight the pitchers. Any suggestions on how I might be able to correct this so the colors will show?

Chris Brandau
    March 17, 2021 at 2:19 pm

This spreadsheet is fantastic! Our league gives bonus points for grand slams and cycles for hitters. It also gives a bonus for a perfect game in addition to throwing a no-hitter. Is there a way to add these on the cheatsheet? If not please consider adding them next year.

March 17, 2021 at 4:38 pm

I’ve looked for sources that project those stats or tried to consider ways to calculate the likelihood myself but, honestly, they’re such a rare occurrence for all of those things that I wouldn’t think they’d make-or-break the projected points for a player!

Eric
    March 17, 2021 at 3:21 pm

Luke- I am a devoted fan and bow to you for the past 5 years and this helping me win my league a couple times! I happily send in a few $ every year as all should in reverence for all the work you put into this amazing tool!

Quick question that I was looking to see if addressed in the comment previously- I tried running the Roto Auction version and the Projected stats for the coming year all seem off? The dollar values are spot on but to the right the stats have all single digits and negative numbers? Again thanks as always and maybe the new update will resolve it anyway, but like to get a head start. Lol.

March 17, 2021 at 4:39 pm

Thanks so much, Eric! There’s so much that I’ve built into the updates that I forget if that’s one of the issues or not. I started keeping a list of the updates eventually because I didn’t want to lose track and I’ll post that. That’s not in the list but, once I release version 1.50, give it a test and let me know if that’s still occurring.

I should have version 1.50 on this page later today and then a post announcing it is released going up tomorrow morning.

Eric
        March 17, 2021 at 5:44 pm

Thank you Luke for the work you do. I will keep an eye out for it and hopefully the update will be all good. Excited for it my friend!

March 17, 2021 at 5:52 pm

Refresh the page as version 1.50 is here to test out. Let me know if that issue is still there and, if it is, then I’ll ask for a bit more info probably just to make sure I am understanding.

March 17, 2021 at 9:27 pm

If you downloaded 1.50, delete that and download 1.51 as there were issues with 1.50.

• Eric
            March 22, 2021 at 10:06 am

Thanks Luke going to finally download this 1.57 version and just send you a little thank you via PayPal and hope others do as well.

Ethan
    March 17, 2021 at 5:39 pm

I keep refreshing the page hoping the updates magically appear. On an unrelated note… anybody know a good therapist in So Cal?

March 17, 2021 at 5:51 pm

Lol, you’re just in time! They’re here now. Version 1.50 is upon us.

March 17, 2021 at 9:27 pm

If you downloaded 1.50, delete that and download 1.51 as there were some issues in 1.50.

Warren
    March 17, 2021 at 6:04 pm

Hey Luke! Just downloaded the updated sheets, thank you! I copied over my Save and Load info from the previous version and I’m noticing something strange. All my notes from the original spreadsheet are now showing up in the “Add New Pos” column of the Player Notes sheet. If I try to update that info, it changes to a position, and my note disappears. Do I need to move the info on the Save and Load page so that my notes appear in the correct column?

March 17, 2021 at 6:21 pm

Heh, yeah. I was going to explain that in an upcoming post. The one thing that will not work fully when moving over to these new sheets is the Notes page so things may be misaligned if you go from 1.00 to 1.50 and had Notes already written in. It’ll just affect going from 1.00 to 1.50.

I didn’t realize that Notes would end up filling up the Add New Pos field though. That could cause some issues. I’ll see what I can do and I may have a version 1.51 up before the end of the night haha. I’m glad you caught this before I officially rolled this out with a formal post.

Warren
        March 17, 2021 at 6:55 pm

Something else fishy going on in the Player Notes section. When I find Zach Eflin, he’s listed as OF with eligibility at 3B and SS, but when I find him in Your Roto Auction, he’s correctly listed as SP.

Sorry, sometimes I can’t shut off the “QA” side of the brain. Everything else looks fantastic in these updates!

March 17, 2021 at 7:52 pm

Thanks, yeah. I’ve taken down version 1.50 to get that all fixed.

March 17, 2021 at 9:26 pm

Version 1.51 is up now to address the problems with the Player Notes page and the Save and Load process.

Ethan
    March 17, 2021 at 7:16 pm

Weird thing in the updated Roto Draft sheet v1.50. For my league settings Christian Yelich has a WERTH of 10.1 and Pos Adj WERTH of 13.9 but no matter how I sort the list he doesn’t appear in the right place. He’s always down in a weird zone with a few other players. I was. hoping to upload a screen grab but I can’t seem to do that. Other players in this weird purgatory are Kirby Yates, Bradley Zimmer, Mike Zunino, and Shohei Otani (SP). It looks like they’re locked into the place right were WERTH hits zero and goes negative.

March 17, 2021 at 7:51 pm

Thanks, I’ve taken down the 1.50 version to work through things like that I heard. I understand the issue you’re describing and am fixing it.

March 17, 2021 at 9:26 pm

Version 1.51 is up now to address the problems with Player Notes and that sorting issue.

Jason
    March 17, 2021 at 7:17 pm

In the roto draft cheat sheet version 1.50, Yates, Yelich, Zunino, and Zimmer don’t appear to sort properly by WERTH – they show up out-of-sequence.

This year Yahoo is retaining 2019 eligibilities, even if they should have been lost in 2020. Is there a way, for example, to force 2B eligibility for Lourdes Guriel?

These cheat sheet are amazing — thanks for all the work!

Jason
      March 17, 2021 at 7:24 pm

Oh – also Ohtani (SP). They sort together in a group, and are displayed right at the WERTH=0 point, despite their actual values.

March 17, 2021 at 7:42 pm

Good catch, thanks.

I’ve taken down version 1.50 to address issues like this. I’ll have version 1.51 up later.

In these versions, you can add a position to a player on the Player Notes page to handle that Yahoo issue.

March 17, 2021 at 9:25 pm

Jake
    March 17, 2021 at 7:17 pm

Loving the new update. Is there a way to input more than one new position for someone? On yahoo this year Wil Myers is eligible at 1B, LF, CF, RF but is only listed as RF in the sheet.

March 17, 2021 at 7:21 pm

Yeah, he only played RF last year. I know Yahoo is using 2019 eligibility instead but that’s hard for me to account for since I know this is just a one-year issue with Yahoo. The sheets will only handle adding one additional position for players this year, sorry. I hope that doesn’t mess things up too much for you.

Jake
        March 17, 2021 at 7:33 pm

I’ll be good. I don’t think it will be that big of a deal. This is my first year playing on Yahoo and I’ve found they are a pain. Am I able to change the player’s secondary positions after the draft has started? I also noticed in the player notes tab some of the teams/positions don’t match up with the player names.

March 17, 2021 at 7:35 pm

Yeah, I’ve been told about the issues with misalignment of Players/Teams on that page. I’ve taken down version 1.50 as I’m hearing a lot of stuff like that. I’ll have a version 1.51 later when I’m able to fix things like that. I somehow missed that things weren’t lined up correctly on that page.

March 17, 2021 at 9:25 pm

Version 1.51 is up now to address the problems with Player Notes.

Michael Heffner
    March 17, 2021 at 11:12 pm

Getting the dreaded alert “This action won’t work on multiple selections” no matter how I try to cut and paste the data from the Save or Load tab on 1.00 over to 1.51, whether I try to move an entire row, column, or even one cell. In fact, I can’t copy anything off the 1.00 Save or Load tab anywhere else, even a brand new empty sheet or workbook. Is there something I need to do to the 1.00 xlsm to allow me to cut and paste? Running Excel Mac 16.46.

March 17, 2021 at 11:25 pm

Either unselect the columns in the old spreadsheet after you copy them or simply just click in A1 of the new spreadsheet and click paste instead of selecting all of the columns when you try to paste. It gives you that error because you have columns selected in the old and new sheet when you press “Paste” so it thinks you are trying to paste into selected columns in both workbooks. If I remember by the time I do an official post about the 1.51 update then I’ll try to include a video that shows that since I know others will encounter it too. The Save+Load process isn’t the most elegant thing in the world but it was a workaround to get people to load data into future versions that I had to build without using macros so it could work on a Mac.

Michael Heffner
    March 17, 2021 at 11:46 pm

Ah yes, that actually worked. Excel on a Mac is such a mess. A video would save everyone a lot of time and energy. Thanks!

hankp
    March 18, 2021 at 12:19 am

Points Draft 1.51 appears to be overrating anyone with DH eligibility. Thanks for all of your hard work on these!

March 18, 2021 at 12:22 am

Where are you seeing the “overrating” of the DH players? On the Your Points Draft page, I made fixes to adjust their Points Above Replacement value but maybe you’re looking in another place I forgot to change that.

hankp
        March 18, 2021 at 10:30 am

Upon further review it appears to be a sorting issue rather than overvaluing. When I sort by PAR J.D., Yordan, Giancarlo sort as the top 3 hitters despite having PAR rankings in the neighborhood of 100.

March 18, 2021 at 2:19 pm

Uploaded version 1.52 to include a fix for that issue. Thanks for bringing it up.

Guy
    March 18, 2021 at 12:21 am

Funny minor quirk in 1.51, when I sort by hitters, Dustin May is in there. Also, there are some players where Player A has the higher position-adjusted worth, but Player B still has the higher projected auction value — is this a bug or explainable? It’s only when A and B have different position eligibilities, e.g.
    Keston Hiura, WERTH 0.5, Pos. Adj. WERTH 3.2, $13
    Jeff McNeil, WERTH 0.3, Pos. Adj. WERTH 3.0, $15

March 18, 2021 at 12:28 am

Just uploaded a version 1.52 to fix some auction value calculations. I think that should resolve your issue.

Guy
        March 18, 2021 at 12:41 am

Yep, totally fixed. You da man.

Guy
        March 18, 2021 at 6:17 pm

Just a heads up, it looks like pos. adj. werth and projected $ value are slightly decoupled again in 1.56 for roto auction. But on the other hand, the values for DH-only guys look more like what I’d expect (higher).

March 18, 2021 at 6:19 pm

Okay, I’ll look into it.

March 18, 2021 at 6:43 pm

I think the version that I had on the website here has “Turn Position Adjustments Off” set by default. If you change that in the settings to “Values Adjusted by Position”, does it work as you’d expect?

• Guy
            March 18, 2021 at 6:56 pm

Ah, yes, my bad!

Tim
    March 18, 2021 at 1:44 pm

I am in an NL only keeper league where the best keepers are heavily skewed toward the offense and about 45% of the players are already kept. If I use the traditional 70/30 split for offense and defense, the offensive inflation is 40% while the pitching inflation is only 14%. I am thinking that with owners having a lot of value in offense, they are going to pour more money into pitching. If I adjust the money allocation to a 65/35 split, the offense inflation drops to 34% for offense and 29% for pitching. A 64/36 split gets both offensive and pitching inflation to 32%. Thoughts?

March 18, 2021 at 2:03 pm

I’ve been working on fixing auction value and inflation value calculations today actually. Out of curiosity, are you using Roto Auction sheet version 1.55?

Tim
        March 18, 2021 at 2:26 pm

No, 1.51.

March 18, 2021 at 2:29 pm

Cool. I was correcting some weirdness with auction values and inflation calculation. 1.55 specifically updates that.

Despite putting 1.5 versions on the site, I’m still tweaking things before I make a post to announce them haha. But, hopefully the latest version fixes and weirdness you were seeing with your league.

• Tim
            March 18, 2021 at 2:47 pm

I downloaded Roto Auction 1.55 and copied my data over from 1.51.

1.51 – Offensive Inflation 40% and Pitching Inflation 14%
            1.55 – Offensive Inflation 63% and Pitching Inflation 94%

I can send both spreadsheets over if you want to look at them.

• Luke Gloeckner
            March 18, 2021 at 2:51 pm

Thanks. I’m juggling a bunch of things right now and am not sure if I grasp the issue with your sheet (like whether those values are higher or lower than what you want, etc). I’m probably just missing something as I’m reading your issue though. And, sure, feel free to send an email if you want to explain further about what is wrong with the sheet. Thanks!

Tim
    March 18, 2021 at 3:31 pm

I think the inflation calculation in Roto Auction 1.51 is accurate, 1.55 seems to be off.

I took a look at the pitching in 1.51 for the kept pitchers. Cost Paid = $367 and initial Projected Cost = $429, so the inflation calculation of 1.14 (14%) seems close if that are the fields you are using for the calculation.

The 94% inflation for pitching in version 1.55 seems off using the same data. The Cost Paid is the same and the Initial Projected Cost had a few small changes for a couple of players so the difference in Initial Projected Cost is insignificant.

The inflation in 1.51 is also much close to what we traditionally see in our league.

March 18, 2021 at 3:41 pm

Gotcha. I now forget why I changed it to this formula as I’ve been in a flurry of changes to each sheet at the moment for a few days straight now, but I was basing the inflation on amount of value still undrafted versus expectations instead of the amount of value drafted versus their expected cost. Your way is simpler and makes more sense. I’ll switch it back.

Tim
        March 18, 2021 at 4:19 pm

I did my own spreadsheet for the past ten years, so I am blown away by the amount of functionality you have in these sheets. Well done, sir!

March 18, 2021 at 4:25 pm

Thank you! It’s been a labor of love for a long time and I just get a kick out of others being able to utilize it too.

Tim
    March 18, 2021 at 6:54 pm

Hate to bother you again, but the inflation percent is very import.

Roto Auction 1.56 with my data now has Offensive inflation at 2.52 and Pitching Inflation at 1.88.

I looked at the Proj Value with Draft inflation and the total for the remaining players is around the same as the total budget for all teams, so it seems like the inflation calculation may not be taking into account the money that was already spent?

There should be only $1535 available to draft the remaining 125 players in my league, rather than approximately $2600. ($260 for a 10 team league)

Or maybe my data is messed up?

March 18, 2021 at 7:00 pm

Probably just easier for you to email me the sheet. Email it to luke at mrcheatsheet dot com and tell me what you are expecting to see versus what you are seeing so I know where to look as that’ll save me tons of time in troubleshooting. Every minute is valuable right now to me because this is the peak time for the site so if you could email it and point me in the direction of the errors then that would be great.

Ethan
    March 19, 2021 at 11:22 am

Has anything changed with the stat projection forumlas between 1.51 & 1.57? Will the WERTH rankings be the same between the two?

Thanks.

March 19, 2021 at 11:42 am

I don’t think there should be any changes to the formulas, no. I had some tweaks based on bugs I heard and fixed a problem of player notes not moving well from 1.00 to 1.5x sheets.

Nick
    March 19, 2021 at 9:10 pm

New update is great Luke. I found an issue with added eligibility and the auto-assign feature. Machado is my only SS (Yahoo) but the sheet is leaving him at 3B, so I have no SS. Bug fix for next year. Thanks again, these sheets are invaluable on draft day.

March 19, 2021 at 9:12 pm

Nice find. If you don’t mind, could you email me a copy of the sheet with that issue? Just so I can dive into at some point and see why that happened. My email is luke at mrcheatsheet dot com.

Joey
    March 19, 2021 at 9:42 pm

Luke, I downloaded your newest 1.57 version for roto auction/AL only and the player values are insanely high. Is there something I may have done wrong?

March 19, 2021 at 9:44 pm

Um, hard for me to say without more info. You opened the sheet and clicked AL-Only and everyone is really high? On my end, I just did the same without touching any settings and Cole is projected at $44 and Ramirez at $39. That’s not what you’re seeing?

Joey
        March 19, 2021 at 10:30 pm

Actuall I think I know the issue. I’ve entered everyones keepers and the position page shows the “projected value with draft inflation” for value. Is there a way to turn this off and only see the initial projected value on the “positions” tab?

March 19, 2021 at 10:31 pm

Ah, yes, I’ll look into adding a drop-down for you to select which value to show there. When is your draft?

• Joey
            March 19, 2021 at 10:35 pm

Unfortunately, tomorrow morning. 10am CST. 🙁

• Luke Gloeckner
            March 19, 2021 at 10:39 pm

Ah. I see. Hmm… I guess I’ll see what I can do in the morning.

• Luke Gloeckner
            March 19, 2021 at 10:40 pm

Send me an email to luke at mrcheatsheet dot com so I can reach you in case I figure it out before you have your draft in the morning.

• Joey
            March 19, 2021 at 10:43 pm

Just sent you my email. Thanks Luke!

Lance Thomas
    March 22, 2021 at 9:36 pm

Would love to see the twitch stream.

Jason
    March 23, 2021 at 12:18 am

I’m having an issue where Shohei Ohtani (SP) shows up uninvited whenever I set my keepers. I’ve been trying to isolate the problem by editing the “save or load” tab. It appears that Shohei Ohtani (SP) pops onto a roster as soon as Mike Yastrzemski is added to that roster. In v1.52 he shows up in a pitcher slot. In v1.58 he shows up, of all places, in the catcher slot. (Though, in v1.58 at least, if a team already has another player rostered in the catcher slot, then Ohtani (SP) doesn’t show up on that roster at all.)

Any idea what could be causing this?

March 23, 2021 at 12:23 am

Out of curiosity, if you change the Ohtani Rule on the Settings page to something else other than the one that splits him into two players, does it work normally?

The process of splitting him into two players ended up being way more convoluted than I would have liked when I added that in the latest version so I suppose there could be problems there somewhere. It’s weird that it is linked to Yastrzemski. That also makes no sense that he’s in a catcher spot in one version.

I assume you are in a league that needs him split into two players though? What sheet is this in? Roto Draft? Points Draft? Sorry, this is the first I’m hearing of this but I guess you may be the first to use it with Yaz as a keeper.

Jason Stiffler
        March 23, 2021 at 12:46 am

Oh – yes, I should have specified. This is the roto Draft Sheet.

I tried playing with the one-or-two players setting, and you’re exactly right: it’s just when he’s treated as two separate players. Any of the other three options, he vanishes from the roster.

Yahoo treats him as two players, so it would be helpful if i was able to do that — though I could probably work around it if needed.

March 23, 2021 at 12:41 am

Uploading new versions of all four sheets to ensure that doesn’t happen moving forward. Should see a new version number of each of them in a few minutes.

Jason
        March 23, 2021 at 12:50 am

Excellent – thanks!

March 23, 2021 at 1:02 am

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. The fixed versions have been uploaded.

Jason
    March 23, 2021 at 5:20 pm

Sorry to keep hitting you with things — I found another area where I have a question — this time concerning the trio of “ADP, ADP Rd, Odds Avail.” The spreadsheet, as it arrives blank, has a small number of folks with no data i these columns. Most make sense (it’s mainly players like Mike Clevinger), though I’m not sure why Will Smith (RPP) would be in that group.

However, when I import data from my 1.52 spreadsheet, a large-ish number of payers lose data in these three columns. Here, it’s folks like Chris Archer, Drew Smyly, Josh Lindblom and Mike Minor. (There are many more). I’m guessing this is probably an error?

March 23, 2021 at 5:23 pm

Will Smith would be an error because I have a lot of issues with two players in the database having the same name so I messed him up and having fixed it yet. Based on the players you listed and looking at my data, I assume you have your ADP set to Yahoo, which doesn’t have as many players in it. Change it to another source on the Settings page and you should see the info you are looking for.

Jason
        March 23, 2021 at 6:23 pm

Aha! Yep – I’m seeing it now. Thanks again!

Eric
    March 23, 2021 at 6:21 pm

Luke you are truly the man! I am going to use the V1.58

Can I ask you to help me with a question- in years past I was able to create an Excel file from the Your Roto Auction Tab that I broke down by position and could add color highlighting and notes for myself etc. This year it seems locked or I can’t even delete rows so that I can move people around to to other positions.

Was there a change? Anyway I can manipulate or extract the data to a new file? Lost without that ability.

Thanks as always for the help and guidance.

March 23, 2021 at 6:26 pm

Hmm. I’m not really familiar with doing that in the sheet so I’m not sure. Are you saying you would delete rows on the Your Roto Auction tab in the past and drag people to other positions? It seems like that would have broken all of my formula references in the sheet so I’m surprised that was possible in the past. I guess I’m not familiar with what you were doing before and what I may have changed. Could you explain further?

Eric
        March 24, 2021 at 9:56 am

Luke as always thanks for quick reply back. Seems similar to the question from Jack below. In the past I was able to literally take that tab and put it in a new Excel Spreadsheet so that I could then manipulate the data. As mentioned it was for highlighting players in color for my system and then moving them around a bit if I liked a certain player more than say the experts to rank him higher and then resort with my tweaks. Seems like this year you can not delete rows, or if move it to another Excel file it is light grey as you must have it protected. Gives a run time error. Soooo hoping it is something that can be re-tweak as your is my bible, but need to be able add a few adjustments. I remain hopeful. Thx Eric

March 24, 2021 at 10:06 am

Jack seemed to be having trouble doing anything without a password, which is a common question I get every day and usually just means I didn’t explain how to use the sheet properly. As for your issue, there’s a highlight feature in the sheets this year, by the way. I added that in version 1.50. You can highlight players by selecting a highlight color for them on the Players Note page. I have no idea why that error you’re describing is occurring though, as what you’re describing isn’t a feature I design my sheets in mind with so I’m not really sure off the top of my head. I’ll try to re-read your comments later to see if I better understand what you need because I don’t think my coffee has kicked in yet as I’m having trouble understanding it (also my lack of understanding could just be because it’s outside of what I designed the sheets to do so it’s hard for me to wrap my head around). After I get my work done today and such, I’ll revisit and see if I understand though.

• Eric
            March 24, 2021 at 10:46 am

Luke really appreciate you and totally get the coffee thing. Lol. I just had a thought I could email you what I did last year if that would help you visualize? Also might help you tell me to just do something easy with the current version of the sheet which would be best. Let me know if that helps and where I can send it.

Jack D. Vukasin
    March 24, 2021 at 6:51 am

Luke, loots like a fantastic tool, just can’t get anything to work without a password to unprotect sheets.

March 24, 2021 at 9:32 am

That shouldn’t be the case unless you are trying to edit cells that have formulas in them (or perhaps if you are using the sheets in something other than Excel). What didn’t work without a password?

Don
    March 24, 2021 at 10:49 am

Hi – huge fan here, of your cheatsheets but also of your design sensibility.

Q – any way to add appearances (G) to settings on the points draft cheatsheet?

March 24, 2021 at 10:50 am

Do you mean to add it as a category that would give you points in the settings?

Don
        March 24, 2021 at 2:30 pm

yes. Possible?

March 24, 2021 at 5:27 pm

Yeah, I’ll try to work it into the next update.

• Don
            March 25, 2021 at 6:14 pm

thank you!

Bob
    March 24, 2021 at 12:11 pm

Hi Luke,

Love your spreadsheets and appreciate the work you put into them each year. Just wanted to give you a heads up on something I noticed with the Points Draft sheet, v.1.59. When I go to update the name of a team in the settings page, that team name doesn’t update on the draft log or the “save and load” page. This is something that wasn’t an issue with previous versions of the sheet. I have 1.59 and 1.57 saved, and 1.57 updates the team name change on all other parts of the spreadsheet. The new 1.59 shows “Team name no longer exists!” in the Errors column on the draft log. On the Save and Load page, the new team name shows up in column F, but in column I, the old team name is still in the snake draft log order.

Just wanted to let you know!

Thanks!
    (Won’t give you my real name so my fantasy opponents don’t know why I’m always kicking their ass!)

March 24, 2021 at 12:15 pm

Hi there, “Bob” :). I’m unable to recreate that error when I download version 1.59 from here and try to recreate it myself. I’d say maybe try re-downloading? If the error still persists, send me an e-mail of a copy of your sheet where that is happening. Email is luke at mrcheatsheet dot com.

Bob
        March 24, 2021 at 2:22 pm

Hey Luke,

I just played around with some stuff. The problem was coming from version 1.57, copying and pasting my data into 1.59. The initial data copied over fine, but then when I went to update the name of a team, it wouldn’t update on the rest of the spreadsheet. I restored version 1.51 and the data copied over, and I was able to make the changes to the team names in version 1.59 with no issues. So I’m thinking there must be some kind of bug in 1.57 that when that data is copied over to 1.59, it leaves something on the sheet that doesn’t allow you to change the name of the team. The initial data copies over fine, you just can’t change the team names. So I think I’m good for now, but I’m wondering what happens when you copy and paste the data from 1.59 and into the next sheet. Give that a try if you can and see if you can replicate this error. I’ll hold off on sending you my 1.57 unless you want me to send it your way. Just let me know! Thanks again! “Bob”

March 24, 2021 at 5:31 pm

Oh weird. I would have thought there would be more of an issue with going from 1.51 to 1.59 as the Player Notes page was in a different order before 1.57 and caused issues with people who had previously written Player Notes. Regardless, I don’t recall what changed from 1.57 to 1.58 at the moment but maybe I fixed something that was wrong with 1.57. I don’t have a new sheet beyond 1.59 to move data into yet to test as you suggested but I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Jordan
    March 24, 2021 at 2:56 pm

Thanks for the Cheatsheets! Always amazing work.

I have a unique league where we use NL + AL East + You can draft up to 2 “Imports” from the other AL teams, but you must bid a minimum of $21. Is there a way to edit the player pool so I could remove players from the AL that I feel will never go for $21 to avoid cluttering the playerpool during the draft?

March 24, 2021 at 5:26 pm

Dang, just when I think my cheatsheets cover all scenarios, a new one comes around haha. Um, I had once written in the ability to edit the teams that you can draft from but I hadn’t really worked in a method for creating a custom player pool. Hmm… I’ll give it thought but I’m not sure how I would accomplish that at the moment.

Jordan Gray
        March 24, 2021 at 5:57 pm

Yup, we’re a weird one! No worries, I’ve always worked around the issue and will continue to do so. Appreciate the response!

Big Time Timmy Jim
    March 25, 2021 at 6:20 pm

Hi Luke, thank you for the hard work!
    I’ve updated the spreadsheets several times, but with the new Points Draft version, when I paste my old info from columns A-J on the “Save or Load” tab, it’s causing almost all (literally around 99%) of the players on the “Positions” tab to disappear.

I’ve re-tried 3-4 times, and always get the same result.

March 25, 2021 at 6:34 pm

I’m unable to recreate that behavior on my end. I’d first suggest re-downloading the sheet perhaps. Were you going from version 1.59 to version 1.60 or was it a different transition?

Big Time Timmy Jim
    March 25, 2021 at 7:16 pm

Sorry, left that bit out.
    I’m going from 1.58 to 1.60.

Using Excel version 2102.

I’ve tried re-downloading 3-4 times.
    There’s 84 total keepers, so it definitely shouldn’t be wiping everybody out.

I’ve tried using hotkeys, and also right-click copy/paste. Same result either way.
    I tried a reboot too.

There’s always a possibility that it could just be me.

March 25, 2021 at 7:26 pm

The data you’re moving over must have some weird quirk to it that is throwing things off. I’m trying to think of what formulas could even break that would cause players to completely disappear on that page. It’s hard for me to say. You could try just copy/pasting your keepers directly from the Keepers page and see if that causes issues. Sorry, hard to diagnose on my end. You can send the old sheet that’s causing issues to luke at mrcheatsheet dot com and I’ll check it out tomorrow. I have two drafts tonight so I won’t be able to look at it tonight though.

March 26, 2021 at 11:40 am

I’m not sure if this is related to your issue entirely but someone pointed out that the ADP sorting was broken for a few of the ADP types in that version. I’ve uploaded 1.62 of the sheet so hopefully that also fixes your problem maybe.

Big Time Timmy Jim
        March 26, 2021 at 4:38 pm

Not sure if you got it or not, but I did email you last night regarding my issue.
        I still notice in 1.62 that cell I328 on the Save or Load tab seems like it should be Team 12 instead of being empty. No idea if that could lead to potential problems, or if it’s even anything of any sort of concern.

Going from 1.58 to 1.62 does seems to be working, thanks!

March 26, 2021 at 4:45 pm

Thanks. That’s feeding directly from the Draft Log page and the draft length would be determined by how many bench spots were set by the league. It’s just a cosmetic thing so wouldn’t affect the Save & Load process but, yeah, I can make it go one cell further on the Draft Log to not cut off the last round of the draft. Thank you for the eagle eye to notice it though! Appreciate it.

March 26, 2021 at 4:52 pm

I went ahead and re-uploaded 1.62 with a fix to just make sure that last cell isn’t cut off on the Draft Log.

Greg
    March 26, 2021 at 10:04 am

Love your work! For the 1.61 points draft spreadsheet it looks like sorting by ADP isn’t working correctly. Also loading in my notes from sheet 1.52 didnt work correctly (most player notes are either missing or incorrect)

March 26, 2021 at 10:10 am

Weird. I guess try emailing me your old sheet that you’re trying to move over so I can see if I see what causes your issue. My email is luke at mrcheatsheet dot com.

lb
    March 27, 2021 at 11:44 am

is there an easy way to change “ELOYs” ADP or someone I would not draft other than a totally custom ADP Projection?

March 29, 2021 at 9:25 am

Sorry, thought I replied to this. I added in a feature over the weekend to remove a player’s data from the sheet in cases like that. On the Players Note page, there’s a Remove Player Data option for a player now.

Matthew J Foley
    March 27, 2021 at 12:16 pm

When I make a draft choice….I then go to the POSITIONS tab. The player’s name that was drafted is greyed out, along with their WTH, and their value.

However, it also GREYS OUT the values for other players who were not drafted yet, but who are in the same row.

So for example, if the player listed in C10 was drafted….Values in A10 and B10 get greyed out as they should…
    but also…..D10, G10, J10, M10, P10, S10, V10, and Y10 are all greyed out.

Michael Heffner
    March 29, 2021 at 12:26 am

So, trying to use the 1.61 sheet to track our auction to refer to during the season – we’ve got plenty of prospects and fringe guys that get bid for – I’d like to use the “Unlisted Player” option since there are 25 extra lines to add the Name/Team/Position and track the bids for guys like Dom Nunez, Ryan Zimmerman, or Corbin Carroll as they aren’t already in the spreadsheet. But apparently I need to unprotect the Your Roto Auction tab with a password – which we don’t have. So how can I do this?

March 29, 2021 at 9:27 am

The unlisted player options are placeholders for players that aren’t on the sheet. You wouldn’t enter in the information for those players. Just put in a bid, winning team, and choose Unlisted Player. If nothing else, it just keeps budgets and everything intact. In future years, having you add cosmetic information like a name or position could be a feature I’d do in the future.

AO
    March 29, 2021 at 6:10 pm

When you go into the ‘Positions’ tab, the players are not sorted by their total points. Sorting them manually doesn’t work for some reason.

March 29, 2021 at 6:14 pm

Correct. It’s sorted by their average draft position (assuming you are talking about the Points Draft sheet). The points totals are color coded so you can see where the best value is throughout the draft. Hope that helps!